Re: Is this laptop gonna run the sims 4

by Fyesmin98

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@Fyesmin98  I've split your post into its own thread, since the thread you originally posted in is several months old.

The answer depends on what you mean by "smoothly."  Given the specs you've listed, you wouldn't be able to play on ultra graphics settings, at least not without significant lag or delays in rendering.  Medium settings would be fine, maybe even with one or two turned up to high.  It would also depend on what resolution you intended to use while playing—the higher the resolution, the worse the performance, all else being equal.

It's also worth noting that the hard drive, though very fast, is not all that large.  There's more than enough storage for Sims 4, all packs, and all of your content, but it would be difficult to also fit another similar-sized game, or a large collection of data such as music or photos.

I'm not sure how much you'd like to spend, so I can't say whether this is a great choice for the price, or whether you could do significantly better.  If you want to know what your options are, just post your budget and country, as well as any other features that matter to you, and I'll have a look.

Hi I’m also confused on which laptop to purchase and can’t find any relevant info online, would either of these laptops run the sims 4? Thank you 

Acer aspire 3 A315-23 AMD Ryzen 5 3500U / 8 ram / storage 512gb SSD

Acer aspire 3 A315-23 AMD ryzen 3 3250U / 8 ram / 128gb SSD

Thank you 

Message 11 of 15 (292 Views)

@kerimoore93  The first one is a much better choice than the second, and it's also a good price for the hardware.  While it's not a gaming computer, you won't find one in that price range, at least not unless you're willing to buy on Ebay.  (Otherwise, gaming laptops are more like £650 and up, even including sales.)

The first laptop should handle all Sims 4 packs together on medium graphics settings, maybe with a couple settings on high if you don't end up installing all the expansion packs.  The second doesn't really have enough storage—although it could technically hold all of Sims 4 and your saves, you wouldn't have room left over for anything else aside from some small apps like browsers.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 15 (287 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Perfect! Thank you so much!

It’s just for the sims 4 base game & maybe some mods/ cc if it can handle it! 

Thanks again Standard smile

Message 13 of 15 (271 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Another question if you don’t mind,

I have another laptop in mind, it’s very simular to the previous two but if worst comes and the others are sold out, will this laptop run ts4 as it’s only 4 ram? I know that’s recommended but I’d like to know how it would run. 

acer aspire 3 A315-23 / ryzen 3 3250U / 4 ram / 256GB SSD

if so, how will it run on low or medium settings? Will it hold cc/ mods? 

I still want to go for my first choice but unfortunately with Covid and lockdown the store is closed and only does deliveries so I want a few options from a reputable store purely for the sims 4 only Standard smile thanks again for your help! 

Message 14 of 15 (263 Views)

@kerimoore93  This laptop isn't nearly as good as the first one you listed, although it should still run Sims 4 on low-medium settings.  Where the 4 GB RAM would hurt is if you wanted to run most of the expansions and/or play with larger households: more sims and more info about those sims mean more data needs to be loaded into RAM.

If you want a backup plan, this one would also work well:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1959318

Its hard drive is smaller than the first one you listed, but its hardware is otherwise the same.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 15 (252 Views)