Re: Installation- Registration Code not working

by nekonaja

Original Post

★★ Novice

I tried to redeem my codes to origin, but two of them did not work. Customer service says there is nothing that can be done since they are aready registered to two different accounts. I have not redeemed the codes before to Origin, and this was the first time. I wanted to put them on Origin since the games did not work when I installed it directly to the pc. So I can't play the games and it sucks since I have used so much money on these games Frown 

Message 1 of 11 (541 Views)

@nekonaja  Is it possible you registered your packs on the old Sims 3 site ( www.thesims3.com or store.thesims3.com )?  If so, that's why they read as used: the store and Origin share information.  If you can figure out the login details of your old account(s), you can ask EA customer support to merge them with your current Origin account.

Otherwise, which packs can you not redeem, and which other ones do you own?  What happened when you tried to install via disc?  There may or may not be a way around the issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (526 Views)

★★ Novice

I have not redeemed them on the sims3 site either. I always just used the cd's, but my computer is newer than the games so the game won't even open if I install them with the discs. The ones that didn't work was Pets and Late Night.

Also, Origin CS said there was nothing that could be done.

Message 3 of 11 (500 Views)

@nekonaja  The reason I asked what packs you own, not just the ones whose codes don't work but the others, is that it's sometimes possible to install via disc, as long as you're not playing via disc.  If you own a pack that's newer (by the date EA released it) than Pets, you might be able to install Pets and Late Night using your discs, then install the newer pack from Origin, and play that way.  This only works though if you own a pack that's newer than Pets.

The unknown error you were seeing isn't because you installed via disc, it's because Late Night needs extra help to get installed properly.  If you'd like to try to get all your content installed, please list the other packs you own, and I'll try to help.

Message 4 of 11 (496 Views)

★★ Novice

I own newer packs than pets. The packs I own are:

Island Paradise, Supernatural, Katy Perry stuff, University, Generations, Seasons, Town life stuff, Ambitions, High end loft stuff 

Message 5 of 11 (484 Views)

@nekonaja  Great, that might work.  (Might.)  Which packs, if any, do you have installed right now, and is the game currently running properly?

Message 6 of 11 (466 Views)

★★ Novice

I installed all the packs I mentioned through Origin. And the game is running properly.

Message 7 of 11 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]

@nekonaja  Okay, you could try installing Pets via disc, to see whether it works.  If you get the disc authorization error, manually uninstall Island Paradise and reinstall it through Origin.

[Edit:  These specific instructions are only for macOS.  In Windows, sometimes installing via disc into an Origin-controlled install can make Origin recognize and load the disc-installed packs.]

https://bluebellflora.com/manually-uninstalling-an-expansion-or-stuff-pack-in-the-sims-3-for-mac/

You'd probably (unless you have a version of macOS older than El Capitan) also need to copy a folder from Ambitions into the folder for Island Paradise.  The video in this thread shows how to do it:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-and-...

Just try Pets first, because it's less complicated than installing Late Night.  If you can't get it to work, you can use the manual uninstall guide to get rid of Pets.

Message 8 of 11 (419 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I see now that this is a thread for mac, and I use windows pc
Message 9 of 11 (433 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried what you said on my computer, and it worked! Both of the games worked right away Standard smile Thank you so much!

Message 10 of 11 (415 Views)