Re: Help my game keep crashing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hi, i'm having the same issue would you possbily be able to have a look at what could possibly making my game crash too, if it is not too much trouble!

Message 1 of 17 (664 Views)
Highlighted

@LouisaW2002  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know when the game crashes: during the initial loading, while trying to load a save, during a travel transition, etc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 17 (649 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi here it is,

I can load into a game save (i've deleted multiple game saves thinking that maybe a game save was corrupted) and play for a max of about 3 minutes then one of three things happens, the sims crashes and takes me back to my home screen, my computer freezes and i have to manually turn it off by the power switch or my computer blue screens but it very rarely blue screens. I have not been having any issues with other games which is why this is so strange to me. Thank you for your help

Message 3 of 17 (647 Views)

@LouisaW2002  I've split your posts into their own thread because it's easier to troubleshoot one on one, rather than having multiple people's info all mixed up; and also because I'm not sure the fix for your issue is simple.

Start by running a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Next, do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

Restart your computer and try to play.  If you get another error, I'd like to see the dump files from the BlueScreens.  Open a File Explorer window and enter this in the address bar:

C:\Windows\Minidump

For any files from the last two days, right-click and select Copy, then right-click on your desktop and Paste.  From there, you can zip the files together if there are more than one, then upload them to a free filesharing site and post the link here.

Message 4 of 17 (642 Views)

★★★ Novice

The validation message i got was Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations PS C: /WINDOWS?system32>

When i was uninstalling origin from Revo the Origin Games folder did not appear I hope this is still okay, I Loaded up the sims after following your steps (thank you for this you made it really easy to follow the steps) I created a new sim and loaded into the world however unfortunately after about 2 minuts it crashed again and I had to manually turn my computer off by the power switch.

As for the minidump files I followed the link and there are two files on there when i tried to copy them to paste onto my desktop it does not let me paste the files, I tried to open one of the files in a new tab and it says The file at file:///C:/Windows/Minidump/021721-6359-01.dmp is not readable. It may have been removed, moved or file permissions may be preventing access.

Again thank you for your help much appreciated!

Message 5 of 17 (618 Views)

@LouisaW2002  The Windows directory is protected, which is why you can't open the .dmp files or zip them together where they are.  When you copied them and tried to paste them on your desktop, what error message did you get?  Copying and pasting should be allowed.

Please also let me know whether you use a cleaner app, and if so, please disable it for now.  These apps can remove or alter temporary files, including some that might have useful information.

The reason I need to see the minidump files is that your BlueScreens are specific about what kind of errors are happening but not what's causing them.  So without more information, I'd just be guessing and probably wasting your time.

Message 6 of 17 (600 Views)

★★★ Novice

When i try to copy the dmp file it comes up with copy link address but no other way to copy and after copying link address when i go to my deskptop and right click the paste and paste shortcut buttons are greyed out and cannot be clicked.

Message 7 of 17 (589 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also i use ccleaner and malwarebytes but i have disabled them for now the only thing running is my AVG should i disable this too?

Message 8 of 17 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LouisaW2002  "Copy link address" is one option you see in Chrome, or perhaps another browser, when you right-click on a link, as in, an internet link.  And you couldn't paste a link on your desktop; there's nowhere to write the info.  Are you seeing that when you manually open the folders I described?

Open a File Explorer window and enter this in the address bar:

C:\Windows\Minidump

For any files from the last two days, right-click and select Copy, then right-click on your desktop and Paste. From there, you can zip the files together if there are more than one, then upload them to a free filesharing site and post the link here.

These files shouldn't be anywhere the internet, and you shouldn't be using a browser to access them.  Please open the folders in File Explorer; don't run a search.

If you're still getting this error, please restart your computer, don't open any apps, disconnect from the internet (disable wifi or pull the ethernet cable), and try again.  And if that doesn't help, please take a screenshot of what you're seeing when you try to copy the minidump file.

AVG currently conflicts with Sims 4, but it usually prevents the game from loading at all.  And it shouldn't be causing the errors in your dxdiag.  So while you can certainly disable it to test, I doubt it will make much difference.

Message 9 of 17 (546 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, sorry I didn't realise it was in the file explorer i read it at internet explorer! sorry for that, here is the file https://wetransfer.com/downloads/4e4dc9f748780ffeefed8b744beddb1c20210219004653/7c5734d9b0b9f2023217...

I hope this helps! thank you for your help again

Message 10 of 17 (532 Views)