Re: Sims4 won't launch and no error code, just won't launch

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Game won't launch

★ Novice

I have this exact problem!!

I had to get a new monitor (ACER SB220Q) and the drivers are up to date.

I contacted Origin thru chat and they had me clearing my cashe, de fragging, etc... nothing has worked.

My friend suggested I try accessing the game from EA dashboard. 

But the same results, it just flashes white and black, then nothing.

I'm so frustrated!! Did you get it to work?

Message 1 of 6 (375 Views)

Re: Game won't launch

@Jelomeka  Please disable Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (362 Views)

Sims4 won't launch and no error code, just won't launch

★ Novice

I messaged earlier and was asked for the dxdiag.

I have spoken to 5 Origin techs by chat and phone, they make me go thru all the same steps and more. I've been doing this for 3 days, for hours every day....I'm getting tired!

When I open Origin, I see my Sims4. I click on it to play and my screen goes black, then white, then black then white

then it brings me back to the home page. I've had it since 2017 without any issues, tried to play on Saturday and this started. 

Nothing on my computer has changed, this happened out of the blue....help!!

Message 3 of 6 (368 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jelomeka  I've merged your posts together in one thread to keep everything in one place.

Your dxdiag shows that the Nvidia graphics driver is crashing over and over and taking Sims 4 down with it.  Since your driver is (quite) old, you can just download a new one and install it:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/172062/en-us

Run it as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Choose a custom install and select "perform a clean installation."  Restart your computer when it's done.

You'd also likely get better performance overall if you plugged your monitor into your graphics card rather than the motherboard.  It looks like the card doesn't have a DisplayPort connection, which is what the monitor is using, but it should have a mini HDMI port.  Your monitor has an HDMI port as well, so a mini HDMI to HDMI cable should work and looks to be less than $10 on Amazon.  Double-check the ports on both the GPU and monitor before buying anything though.

Message 4 of 6 (343 Views)

★ Novice

Hello thank you, I couldn't find the original post!

I couldn't right click the download button to get the option to run as admin. So I just downloaded the driver. after waiting for it to finish, this is what I got:

NVIDIA Installer cannot continue

this Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

This graphics driver could not find the compatible graphics hardware

Message 5 of 6 (324 Views)

@Jelomeka  I guess I didn't word the "run as admin" part well.  What I meant was, download the driver, then right-click on the downloaded file and run as an admin.  It's one of the options you see when you right-click on an executable, along with Properties and all the others.

The error message is incorrect, the driver is comatible with your version of Windows.  But maybe something about the current driver is preventing the newest one from installing.  So try a clean uninstall of that driver, then install the new one.

Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3450

Get a fresh copy of the Nvidia driver if necessary.

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Nvidia if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe as an admin.

Reboot again, go back online, and see whether the game works again.  If not, let me know.

By the way, if you still get the same error, you can just go online and let Windows download a new driver for you.  The point of being offline is that you get to choose the driver, not Windows, but Windows should at least find something suitable, if not ideal.

Message 6 of 6 (299 Views)