Re: Error during startup?

by pewoo90

Original Post

★★ Novice

Ok, I'm officially pissed off. I bought the game, I bought the DLCs, two of them today even - the game won't run. It's stealing, I don't understand how EA cannot do anything about it - how can you still sell the game that's broken and the users cannot launch it?? I literally feel like I have been robbed by EA - I tried so many different solutions to resolve this 0.0.0.0. Error problem and NOTHING works. And the think that the company doesn't give a sh.... about the problem is pissing me off even more. They don't deserve any money and respect at this point. 

Message 1 of 4 (513 Views)

@pewoo90  I've split your post into its own thread, since the other thread was quite old.  I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot, if you're interested.  Just let me know what steps you've taken already, so I don't suggest anything that didn't work.  Please also let me know whether you bought from Origin or elsewhere, since there are different kinds of installs with different troubleshooting approaches required.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (467 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello @puzzlezaddict, thank you for your offer of help. I have the same problem as everyone, apparently - 0.0.0.0 version error, launcher breaks as soon as I click on "run the game", I re-installed it several times, I cleaned my register - nothing works. Also the game is connected to Origin, but it was been bought via Origin and k!nguin as well. I don't know what to do - for me it's like they stole my money for something that's completely broken and cannot be used anymore. 

Message 3 of 4 (365 Views)

@pewoo90  Please try uninstalling and cleaning the computer's registry, then install just the base game into a new admin user account on your computer.  Don't do anything else, for example don't try to patch the game, since it installs already patched.  Using a new account doesn't mean you'll have to play in that account going forward, it just means you'll have the default account settings in place instead of the customized ones in your current account.

It's a good idea to clear Origin's cache and uninstall it "the hard way" as well before reinstalling.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

When reinstalling Sims 3, be sure to run Origin as an admin: right-click on the shortcut and select "Run as administrator."

If you install the base game and still get the same error, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (357 Views)