by Chillybunn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Re: Disappearing Floor Glitch

★ Apprentice

I recently started having this problem.

-My most recent purchase is Eco Lifestyle if that matters

- I play on PC

- I have the game updated to most recent patch (July-20)

- Floors glitches - can't place anything on those rooms. Tried restarting game and delete/ set new floor, but it keeps happening.

- So far only outdoor areas

- Atm no mods/cc installed, recently cleansed game/savefiles etc.

Message 1 of 10 (16,775 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Chillybunn 

Thanks for the upload, SUPER helpful for us to test Standard smile

There seems to be a lovely combination of two factors here - the Crystal Clear glass roof tiles from Island Living and the Marbled Walk floor tile from Get Famous but only in one colour swatch:

1. If you remove the glass roof tiles on the same level as the glitching floors the problem goes away
  2. If you use any other colour swatches from the Marbled Walk floor tile the problem goes away

Problematic swatch:

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 08.19.51.png

To get round this you need to change the floor tile/colour swatch OR remove the glass floor tiles.

Thanks for reporting - great little bug find!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (16,517 Views)

All Replies

@Chillybunn  I've split your post into its own thread in the PC tech section, since the thread you posted in is in the console section.  This might get moved to a bug thread instead, but I wasn't sure your issue matched.

To that end, what kind of flooring are you trying to use?  Is there a foundation or stilts under the rooms, and what kind specifically?  Does this happen only one one lot, or can you reproduce it elsewhere?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (16,696 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks!

I've tried different types of flooring, it's always on second or above floor.

I have tried to move the glitching rooms, but as long as they are placed on a level higher up, the glitch reappears.. Frown
So far it has happened to me in Brindleton Bay (on the 64x64 lot), Oasis Springs (Landgraab's lot) and Evergreen Harbor (2 different 30x20 lots)

Message 3 of 10 (16,656 Views)

Hero

@Chillybunn 

Have you tried selecting the room below these areas and replacing the ceiling?  Just select the area below and then go up a level, you should see a yellow outline around the top of the space below and it will say either remove ceiling or build ceiling.

If it says build ceiling, then click it and it should put a ceiling in below and the floor on the next level up.  Then you can tile the new floor.

If it say remove ceiling, then click it, and select the room below again, go up a level, and click the yellow outline and click build ceiling.  

If neither of these work, then upload your build and a helper will check it for you.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 10 (16,633 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, I have tried that. Thank you though.

Ok, I'll upload and attach link

Message 5 of 10 (16,586 Views)

Message 6 of 10 (16,547 Views)

@Chillybunn 

Thanks for the upload, SUPER helpful for us to test Standard smile

There seems to be a lovely combination of two factors here - the Crystal Clear glass roof tiles from Island Living and the Marbled Walk floor tile from Get Famous but only in one colour swatch:

1. If you remove the glass roof tiles on the same level as the glitching floors the problem goes away
  2. If you use any other colour swatches from the Marbled Walk floor tile the problem goes away

Problematic swatch:

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 08.19.51.png

To get round this you need to change the floor tile/colour swatch OR remove the glass floor tiles.

Thanks for reporting - great little bug find!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 10 (16,518 Views)

★ Apprentice

wow, that's specific!
Thank you!

Message 8 of 10 (16,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I decided to step up my game and start building my own houses, I’m actually more of a “I renovate homes” player. So I thought after al these years I’m going for it! 

so this is what happened..

Once I  started on the third floor of my build the floor starts glitching out of the sudden... i kinda found what the cause is, or I think.. once I deleted the stairs the glitching stops. But without stairs my sims will not come further than the second floor..

i took a look on a lot of different forums if maybe anyone had this problem too, found some that kinda had the same problem as I do, but still couldn’t fix my build. 

Pleaaaas can someone help me. It’s freaking me out 😖

Message 9 of 10 (16,382 Views)

★ Novice

I've had this problem also. what i ended up doing is actually installing flats (Flat L-shape, Flat square, etc) if anything ends up moving i just keep installing the flats and I wont resize the ones i installed. Hope this helps

Message 10 of 10 (15,255 Views)