Re: Crashing after Update

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled, re-installed, moved the folder, repaired in Origin, deleted all mods, and still can't get my game to even load to the logo. I get a white screen with the game music. It was working flawlessly until yesterday when I tried to get on after not having played for a couple of weeks. I have Windows 10. I have attached my DxDiag. Hopefully you can help me figure out why I no longer can play the game. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 3 (285 Views)

@breannazmom  Sorry for the late reply.  Just to clarify, you've tested in a completely new Sims 4 user data folder, with nothing added back in?  If not, please move the Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop and test the game.

If that doesn't or didn't help, look for updates for your sound drivers—your dxdiag lists Windows audio engine crashes.  Hit Windows key-X, select Device Manager, expand the Sound, video and game controllers tab, select each device, and click the "update device driver" button at the top of the window.  Some devices may not have new drivers available, but that's fine, just run the updates you're offered.

If that doesn't help either, please test the game with your DisplayLink USB device disconnected.  While it should be fine, and it sounds like it was for a while, it's useful to find out whether this helps.

Finally, you can try uninstalling the Alienware Command Center, which is also throwing errors.  If you want to keep it, it's best to reinstall it from scratch.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln303405/how-to-remove-and-reinstall-the-alienware-comma...

If none of this helps, let me know, and please run another dxdiag so I can see the new driver dates and any new errors.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I just disconnected my laptop from my hub and the game loads flawlessly on my laptop without using an external display. I am guessing the game does not like my hub. Thank you for your assistance.
Message 3 of 3 (194 Views)