Re: Can't download expansion pack

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared caches, run as administrator, etc and nothing seems to work. Honestly since I’ve first downloaded Origin my computer hasn’t been working right. Everything is the latest version, my computer has the processing power appropriate, what is going on? I moved over to Origin to keep my game up to date from Steam, which does not have access to patches and updates but honestly i feel like I shouldn’t have even bothered. Please help

Message 1 of 2 (220 Views)

@NightKittyPurrs  I've split your post into its own thread, since the other thread is a few years old now.

I could try to help you troubleshoot the Origin issue, but the easier path may be to go back to Steam.  A Steam install is in fact fully patched; it just doesn't have the pack selector or force you to open Origin in order to play.  The game data is exactly the same in both types of installs.  And Sims 3 tends to run a bit better on Steam at the margins: lower-end computers don't have to split resources with Origin itself, since the game can be launched without opening Steam, and there would be no link to Origin to use a bit of the memory Sims 3 needs for itself.

If you'd like to go back to Steam, just uninstall the Origin version, clean your computer's registry either manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine), and download again from Steam.  If you'd like to stick with Origin instead, please let me know which pack(s) you can't install, and what's not working.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (202 Views)