Re: Can I play Sims 4 with a 1.5 GHz processor?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

May I ask if my laptop can run it too?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz 1.19 GHz

Ram: 8.00GB 

Windows 10 home

Joseph

Message 1 of 3 (423 Views)

Accepted Solution

@JESS120751  Since the original thread was quite old and might get closed down as a necro, I split your post into its own thread.

You should be able to play on that processor on low or low-medium graphics settings.  It's not ideal, but it should work as long as your laptop doesn't overheat.  On that note, make sure to play on a hard flat surface like a desk, or use a laptop tray or cooling pad.  Just don't place it on top of a blanket or anything like that.

You can also play with the settings, for example turning one to high and others to low, to get the performance you want overall.  There's no harm in experimenting; if the game lags or stutters, you can just dial things back again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (409 Views)

All Replies

@JESS120751  Since the original thread was quite old and might get closed down as a necro, I split your post into its own thread.

You should be able to play on that processor on low or low-medium graphics settings.  It's not ideal, but it should work as long as your laptop doesn't overheat.  On that note, make sure to play on a hard flat surface like a desk, or use a laptop tray or cooling pad.  Just don't place it on top of a blanket or anything like that.

You can also play with the settings, for example turning one to high and others to low, to get the performance you want overall.  There's no harm in experimenting; if the game lags or stutters, you can just dial things back again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much @puzzlezaddict. I really appreciate your efforts and response. 

Message 3 of 3 (391 Views)