Random pictures being saved to my computer

by kristenmontes

Original Post

Re: Random pictures being saved to my computer

★★★ Newbie

this is happening with me as well and i have stopped playing sims 3 because of it. I play on a Mac. Have you figured anything out

Message 21 of 24 (1,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem while using  mac, only solution I've found is turning the internet off before loading and keeping it off while playing. Obviously prevents the online features from working if you use those, I personally dont so it makes no difference for me. Either that or scroll through up to 900 images after playing every time. 

Message 22 of 24 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I know this is super old but the same thing is happening to me with my Sims 4. I play on a PC but around 500 photos of random stuff is being saved after every time I play. A lot of them aren’t even pictures , they are things that are saying “zoneObjects” 
All of end up getting deleted, but the thing is I don’t delete them they all just end up in my recycling bin somehow. I don’t know what is going on, but it is really annoying constantly having things being saved and deleted without my doing.

I attached a few examples.

Message 23 of 24 (730 Views)

@IsaGrace04  Do you know where they're landing before they wind up in the recycle bin?  My first guess would be FeaturedItems, a folder inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.  Try making that folder read-only.  If that's not the issue, disable the in-game shopping  experience through Options.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 24 (724 Views)