Random folder changes

by Anonymous

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Random folder changes

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

It looks like 11 days ago my Sims 4 install folder decided to split itself in half and spread itself across my C Drive... Any ideas?

The folders are NOT duplicates, they contain different things. It's literally as though it took half of the stuff and moved it to the main C Drive instead of the Subfolder system on it.

The game works perfectly fine, I hadn't even noticed... But I would like to have a tidy looking computer!

Message 1 of 3 (696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Random folder changes

@Anonymous  What's in your first screenshot looks like the contents of the Delta folder in your second screenshot.  You can compare folder sizes to confirm, if you want.  But I'd just delete every folder labeled EP, GP, or SP in your first screenshot.  Those files are not being used by the game, since Origin won't be looking for them there.

Worst case, if your install somehow doesn't work after this, you can always run a repair (open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair).  That will replace any missing files.

By the way, check your default install location in Origin to see whether it's pointing directly to C rather than to the Origin Games folder.  That could explain the duplicate files.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (672 Views)

All Replies

@Anonymous  What's in your first screenshot looks like the contents of the Delta folder in your second screenshot.  You can compare folder sizes to confirm, if you want.  But I'd just delete every folder labeled EP, GP, or SP in your first screenshot.  Those files are not being used by the game, since Origin won't be looking for them there.

Worst case, if your install somehow doesn't work after this, you can always run a repair (open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair).  That will replace any missing files.

By the way, check your default install location in Origin to see whether it's pointing directly to C rather than to the Origin Games folder.  That could explain the duplicate files.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (673 Views)

Anonymous
@puzzlezaddict Thanks - took the plunge and deleted and repaired, game has booted up fine, and the files aren't in a random location anymore!

My install was pointing to the Origin Games folder as expected, so no idea why this happened, but glad it didn't break anything. Cheers!
Message 3 of 3 (661 Views)