Re: Random crash with no error

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice

Also I have another question before you close this. If I somehow wanted to upgrade my ram, will the game runs better? Will other game run a little better? And will the processor performance go down because of the ram?

Message 11 of 12 (78 Views)

@Alibababa2332  Sims 4 will likely run at least a little better, and perhaps a lot better.  How much a memory upgrade can help depends on the packs you have installed, your playstyle (how many sims in your active household, how many items on your lot, etc.), and the speed of your hard drive.  It won't hurt though, unless you install the wrong type of memory.  So check the manual for your laptop to see the necessary specs of the RAM.

The processor won't perform worse with more RAM installed.  If having more memory allows you to run more programs at the same time, or you decide to turn up the settings in your games, then you may see a slowdown because the processor has more to do.  After all, you're not upgrading any other components.  But running the same apps in the same way should be the same speed or faster.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 12 (65 Views)