Random White Screen When Playing?

by silverfire717

Original Post

Highlighted

Random White Screen When Playing?

★★★ Newbie

Hey! So I just recently bought and downloaded the Sims 4 (with two expansion pack- Magic and Pets) after years of wanting it! However, sometimes, I come across this issue where I'll be playing and then I don't know whether I pressed a button by accident or the game just crashed for no reason reason but this random white screen pops up. It's weird because I can still "play" and click around and move things (I have the volume on) but I try to get it back to the Sims but the white screen won't go away? One time I did or something happened within my computer and it decided to work again out of nowhere. So I decided to clear the cache of Origin by deleting the files in %AppData% and I haven't had any issue thus far, though I haven't had much chance to play it since. Is there anything I can do to perhaps fix/override this issue? Thank you! 

Message 1 of 4 (325 Views)

Re: Random White Screen When Playing?

Hero (Retired)

@silverfire717   First thing I can guess is possibly an out of date video driver. Are you playing on a mac, pc, or console? Is the screen white and you can see things or do you have an all white screen?

Message 2 of 4 (278 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@roberta591 I'm playing on a PC, and it is rather new, too
Message 3 of 4 (232 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@silverfire717  Please post your computer's dxdiag - post dxdiag  and attach the txt file to the paper clip in the lower right of the forum response window.

Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)