Re: Random Unwanted Sims In My House

by kreatora

Original Post

Random Unwanted Sims In My House

★★★ Newbie

Hi, Just recently I've been having a lot of Sims just appearing in my house and acting like they live there. These Sims are not part of any household in my town so I can't evict them can't ask them to leave or say goodbye. My Sims don't know these Sims. My doors are all locked. They aren't employees. I read up and can't find any solution. It's making the game unplayable. I read there was a solution to reset the lot type. It was still set to residential but I followed all the steps. I evicted my household and reset the lot type, moved my household back in and the unwanted Sims were already on the couch. I would really love a solution to this glitch. 

Message 1 of 4 (243 Views)

★★ Guide
@lamarshville Do these Sims have the "Goofball" trait? There is a hidden perk that allows them to enter households without invitation.
Message 2 of 4 (231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have no idea, my Sims don't know them. There's got to be something other than a bunch of sims with the goofball trait going on. Because they get into my locked doors and stay for days. And I am unable to kick them out. And there are just more and more appearing. 

Message 3 of 4 (224 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lamarshville 

I had this bug. It came with Sulani. The game reads the residential lot as a public lot, What did I do to get rid of it. I saved my house to the library, I have chosen a "delete" option for the lot. Before it moved my family to another lot. I changed this lot to a public one, saved the game and left. After returning to the game, I have built one wall on this lot, deleted this lot once more to be on the safe side, - then changed this lot to a residential one, changed the NAME of the lot - it is most important!-  and downloaded the house from the library. The house must have the same new name as the lot!  I have introduced the same family in it. It worked very well for a long time. although recently a seller from a neighboring stand appears in it. However, after a second he disappears.

Message 4 of 4 (209 Views)