Random FPS drops after a few minutes of playing

by alw4ysblu3

Original Post

Random FPS drops after a few minutes of playing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Does anyone suffer from fps drops?? I have a 3050 Ryzen 5 4650 16gb ram and my game drops to 10-20 fps a few minutes after playing the game and it gets worse and worse the longer I play, it reaches to a point that portraits dont load anymore I have to restart the game in order to get rid of the fps drop but it doesnt really fix it, it just happens again, I tried removing the mods/cc that I use but it still happens, I never had this problem before I only noticed it today when it started becoming more frequent.

Message 1 of 4 (577 Views)

Re: Random FPS drops after a few minutes of playing

Hero (Retired)

@alw4ysblu3 Please post your computers' dxdiag (if your playing on a pc) - how to run dxdiag and attach the txt file to the paper clip in the lower right of the forum response wincow>

Message 2 of 4 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ah I see, here it is

Message 3 of 4 (540 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@alw4ysblu3 Is you ASUS computer a desktop or laptop? If it's a desktop you will have to add your graphics card to the .sgr file. There are several how tos om the internet. Check task manager to see what is running. If you are running anything else try a clean boot. It is possible the the computer is downloading  an update or the computer is running a virus scan in the back ground - this will affect the game performance. Is it possible the graphics card may be over heating  as this will cause the card to throttle (reduce the clock) and this will affect the performance. If you have a desk top what is the wattage off the power supply. The RTX series seem to be power hungry and I hear the Nvidea 4XXX series that will soon come out are going to require even more power requirements. I am building a new gaming computer with an AMD 5600X proc and an EVGA RTX 3050 but haven't finished the build yet. I did notice that the system runs hotter then I like with the stock cpu cooler so I put a Corsair H100 and that solved the issue. I've had some issues. I originally had a Gigabyte motherboard that wouldn't post so I ended up with an ASUS mb. and then I had a bad memory module. Now I just need some minor parts and time.  hth

Message 4 of 4 (519 Views)