Random Crashes Sims 4

by Vincidon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Random Crashes Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

k.. my game randomly crashes.. found a crashes post so will use that setup

1. Your Computer's DxDiag. Please either use pastebin.com or spoiler tags.  
  2. Any critical events you find. 
  3. Attach the content of this file documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastcrash.txt (or variations of it). Either use pastebin.com or upload the file to some third party site like dropbox or mediafire.
  4. Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?
  5. At what point does your game crash ?
  6. Is the crashing random or is there a pattern ?
  7. Is it an occasional crash or constant ?

1-3 == DxDiag, Critical Event & lastcrash all in attachements (??why use pastebin.com or spoiler when i can attach the files??)

4 == zero mods, zero custom content, only have the free holiday pack

5 == have had it crash 5 times in CAS, and so far once in live (but only just started playing in live before the lastcrash)

6 == random.. could be 30 minutes to 2 hours

7 == constant.. i'd say since it happens everytime i play the game either in live or CAS

didn't have this much crashing the last time i played the game 

(posted the wrong lastcrash.. lol.. updated with the right one for 8:47)

Message 1 of 3 (4,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Random Crashes Sims 4

★★★ Expert

You only have 4GB RAM and an integrated graphics chip that shares much of it's graphics memory with system RAM. That means it's really important that you run the game in 32 bit mode so that it won't try to use more RAM than you have.

With the game closed, in Origin right click on the game, choose Game Properties then, click on "Advance Launch Options" at the top of that panel.

Set the game to launch in 32 bit (the top options box there)

If it already says 32 bit, change it to 64 bit, close and reopen that panel, change it back to 32 bit. (sometimes Origin glitches and shows 32 bit when it's really starting the game in 64 bit right after an update so, this is to be sure it isn't doing that to you.)

Let us know if that stops the crashing.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (4,691 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

You only have 4GB RAM and an integrated graphics chip that shares much of it's graphics memory with system RAM. That means it's really important that you run the game in 32 bit mode so that it won't try to use more RAM than you have.

With the game closed, in Origin right click on the game, choose Game Properties then, click on "Advance Launch Options" at the top of that panel.

Set the game to launch in 32 bit (the top options box there)

If it already says 32 bit, change it to 64 bit, close and reopen that panel, change it back to 32 bit. (sometimes Origin glitches and shows 32 bit when it's really starting the game in 64 bit right after an update so, this is to be sure it isn't doing that to you.)

Let us know if that stops the crashing.

Message 2 of 3 (4,692 Views)

★★ Novice

i think it helped some but it still crashes .. going to accept the solution though, since i doubt anything else will help.. lol

Message 3 of 3 (4,120 Views)