Re: Random Constant Crashes Sims4

by Desirai

Original Post

Random Constant Crashes Sims4

★★★★ Novice

First off, attached to this post are both the dxdiag for my computer but it isn't letting me attach the lastcrash.txt. Not sure why.

I am using MCCC, however, after reaching out to them, they said the error I was getting had nothing to do with the MCCC content and that I should reach out to EA for help.

The problem I am having is that I crash randomly after a random amount of time. Sometimes it is as little as 10 minutes, others it is as long as an hour, but it happens every play session. There is nothing the game does to warn me of a pending crash, it simply crashes to desktop at some random point. I have tried completely uninstalling the game, and reinstalling it fresh. I have tried uninstalling all custom content and using the game without. I have tried repairing the game. None of these fixed the problem. I do not know what else to try and am very frustrated that I have been unable to play a game I love because of this issue.

Message 1 of 5 (317 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. It just closes every few minutes or every 30 minutes. No errors, no pop ups. I also exceed reqs. I am currently googling the event log errors to see if I can somehow narrow down to what's going on

Message 2 of 5 (308 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @lilhobbit37

seems you have several issues related to your graphics card drivers.

I would try a clean reinstall of the drivers.

Try this tool for clean reinstall: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

@Desirai Could you also post your DxDiag ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (284 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict

I uninstalled the game last night and reinstalled using only a few packs. I've played about an hour and so far no crashes, but I'm still saving every couple minutes in anticipation..

Message 4 of 5 (264 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Desirai

you have a few windows update failures. Have you been able to install all Windows updates properly now ? Might wanna check on that.

Also your graphics drivers could do with an update. I do think there should be new AMD drivers than from 2017.

You shouldn't need to uninstall packs as your computer specs are fine. Maybe you can pinpoint the crashing to a certain one ? 

Also do you have any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (253 Views)