Random CC in my game that I never installed

by xquishi

Original Post

Random CC in my game that I never installed

★★★ Novice

So- I just got a new laptop for Christmas and downloaded the Sims 4. I also had the sims 4 on my old laptop but that was saved on a memory card. I opened the game on my new laptop to make sure that everything was working properly, also that the cats and dogs EP was working because my old laptop couldn't support it in CAS. I had no CC at all when I first opened the game. After making sure the game worked properly, I grabbed my previous saves off of my old memory card, which had tons of CC and mods on it, including merged CC. No, I did not bring any of the CC or mods off of that card onto my new laptop. After my saves were in the game and I opened it, used cc.fulleditmode, and went to CAS to fix my sims as the CC they previously had on was now currently gone. Going through CAS I find a few CC hairs and clothing items that I have never even installed, even on my previous laptop. So I think this might be a problem related to grabbing the memory card. Does anyone think they could help? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (1,832 Views)

Re: Random CC in my game that I never installed

Champion (Retired)

@xquishi 

You can only have CC if it is installed in your Mods folder so look what you have got there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (1,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I only have seven CC items as well as three mods. All of which I installed after I knew the random CC was in my game. Maybe I should try moving my mods folder out of The Sims 4 folder?

Message 3 of 5 (1,801 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xquishi 

Do that and delete localthumbcache.package.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (1,778 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok so, I figured out where the CC was coming from after I double-checked the page of a mod. It turns out that the CC was supposed to be there because of a feature in that mod. I am quite sorry about this, as it was an error on my end. Thank you for your help though!

Message 5 of 5 (1,765 Views)