by HaelYes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Raise & Lower Build Mode Cheat Not Working

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The raising and lowering objects cheat no longer works.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens when I hit 0(or ctrl+0) and when I hit 9 the camera just zooms out fully and jiggles.
What do you expect to see? An object raising or lowering on a surface.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As stated before the raising and lowering build mode cheat tool is no longer functioning. I have searched and searched and apparently others have has this issue being talked about on other sites but no answers on it. Some speculate the cheat was taken out but no confirmation at all can be found on this. The most recent thing I ever find is like July of last year.

Message 1 of 10 (11,866 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Raise & Lower Build Mode Cheat Not Working

Hero

The 9 key has two commands basically, one lets you save the camera position, the other is for move up/down.

Seems you have a saved camera position now and you can remove that the following way (from the patch notes)

Camera Positions saved to the “9” key could conflict with using the “9” key to raise an object in the air when the bb.moveobjects cheat is turned on. To resolve this, we’ve introduced the ability to clear out a previously saved camera position.
  • Existing Camera Position functionality:
    • “Ctrl” + “5-9” will set a saved camera position.
    • Once a camera position has been saved…
      • “5-9” keys will smoothly move the camera to that position.
      • “Shift” + “5-9” will immediately snap the camera to that position.
    • New Camera Position functionality:
      • “Alt” + “5-9” will remove a previously saved camera position from the selected number.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (11,858 Views)

All Replies

Hero

The 9 key has two commands basically, one lets you save the camera position, the other is for move up/down.

Seems you have a saved camera position now and you can remove that the following way (from the patch notes)

Camera Positions saved to the “9” key could conflict with using the “9” key to raise an object in the air when the bb.moveobjects cheat is turned on. To resolve this, we’ve introduced the ability to clear out a previously saved camera position.
  • Existing Camera Position functionality:
    • “Ctrl” + “5-9” will set a saved camera position.
    • Once a camera position has been saved…
      • “5-9” keys will smoothly move the camera to that position.
      • “Shift” + “5-9” will immediately snap the camera to that position.
    • New Camera Position functionality:
      • “Alt” + “5-9” will remove a previously saved camera position from the selected number.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (11,859 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
My 9 and 0 keys were working just fine yesterday
Message 3 of 10 (11,845 Views)

Hero
Hi @HaelYes

did you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (11,814 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am so very sorry for not responding sooner. Some life emergencies happened and I have not really been able to do much. 
It is working now, though, so thank you very much.

Message 5 of 10 (11,790 Views)

Build mode raise object camera glitch

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While in build mode, enter bb.moveobjects on. Try to raise an object using 9 key.
What happens when the bug occurs? Camera zooms out and reorientates.
What do you expect to see? Camera does not move.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When raising (number 9 key on top of keyboard) camera zooms out and reorientates. It does raise the object but makes it very difficult to see location. Lowering (0 key) works as expected. New game and several different lots tried. 

Message 6 of 10 (11,706 Views)

Re: Build mode raise object camera glitch

Hero
@EmilyBlueJaye This is just an overlapping of keys. Please see solution post on what you need to do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (11,696 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this same issue. I have made sure mods are turned off, and I have followed instructions to remove camera placement settings (alt +9). with no camera settings put in place pressing 9 or 0 does nothing. switching to sims 3 camera and trying (all the combinations) also does not work.

Message 8 of 10 (10,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Did you ever find a solution? I’m having this same problem and the above solution of alt+9 has done nothing. 

Message 9 of 10 (9,983 Views)

Re: Build mode raise object camera glitch

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me to but on ps4. I can't  raise objects/lower or I can't go to my second floor either.

Message 10 of 10 (9,409 Views)