Re: Rain/Snow Clipping into all floors of home.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rain/Snow Clipping into all floors of home.

★★★ Novice

This recently started happening in my Sims 3 game and it's the most annoying graphics bug in the world. Hopefully the attached photos show up properly but the issue is that rain and snow are clipping into my buildings, regardless of floor or roof status. It's not a wonky angle. It's not a missing roof/floor tile. It is purely a graphic bug but it's infuriating because it didn't use to do this. Is there a mod to fix this..? Or a way to change the weather effects without disabling them totally?

I want seasons in my game but not if it comes at the cost of this annoying bug.

Message 1 of 7 (485 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I found something that worked for me! I rolled back my GPU drivers and it immediately fixed the issue! Hope the next update will fix the issue totally, but rolling back is a dang good band-aid!

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (317 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@actuallythequeen Does this happen on other lots in that save file?

If it does, try testing in another, preferably fresh save file.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (441 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tested it the following ways, each with no luck:

• Fresh Save, Base Game World, No Mods
  • Fresh Save, Store World, No Mods
  • Fresh Save, Custom World, No Mods

Playing around with the graphics setting changes nothing. The only place rain/snow does not clip is in basements. The only fix I have is to straight up disable weather in settings. Frown

I think it's gotta be my GPU (RX 6600XT) but I'm at a loss on how to fix it.

Message 3 of 7 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I think this is a GPU thing, possibly with the most recent driver update? I also have an RX (RX6400) and this same issue. I'm trying to figure out what's going on, because the glitch comes and goes but I don't know why. I'll keep you posted if I figure out anything. 

Message 4 of 7 (398 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you! I will also report back if I figure something out. I remember they only just recently fixed the mirror issues, so I think something broke when that came out.

Message 5 of 7 (384 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found something that worked for me! I rolled back my GPU drivers and it immediately fixed the issue! Hope the next update will fix the issue totally, but rolling back is a dang good band-aid!

Message 6 of 7 (318 Views)

@actuallythequeen  Could you please list your current driver version, as in, the one you rolled back to?  If you don't know what it is, you can find it in the Device Manager, among other places.  Hit Windows key-X, select the Device Manager, expand Display Adapters, right-click on the name of your graphics card, select Properties, and you'll see a few tabs, including one for the driver.  It would be helpful to know the driver version that actually works here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (306 Views)