Re: Rabbits dying--bypassing age disable box?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Rabbits dying--bypassing age disable box?

★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I believe I'm encountering a weird glitch with the rabbits from cottage living. This has happened on two different lots, and I do not have the lot trait for wild foxes on either.

What happens is I have the rabbit home for the rabbits on both lots. The rabbits will be fine and then I'll suddenly get a notification that a rabbit has passed away. I look around and see no foxes on the lot and the game setting of disabling aging for rabbits, cows etc is enabled.

The reason I think it is a glitch is that sometimes when it gives me this message, I will see the animal still there, or even two copies of the rabbit (with their name, not just the generic wild rabbit). It is almost behaving as if the game isn't acknowledging the animal aging off in game settings. So far my chickens, cow and llama are staying alive no problem.

I'm really stumped on what this could be, and I've encountered it with and without any mods on and a clean save. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (3,462 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@simaddict1990 

If they feel neglected they may decide to leave regardless of no aging.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (3,449 Views)

★★★ Novice

I believe rabbits adventure to other areas aside from your home lot (the open area in HoB), in which case they may get in a tussle with a fox and die as result? I actually just had one of my rabbits die, despite animal aging off and it being a rabbit a interacted with daily (max relationship). The rabbit was not on my lot at the time.

Message 3 of 9 (3,304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I play with aging off also, but animals die (elsewhere) anyway regardless of aging off enabled. Either the aging off function does not work as it supposed to, or a chance that they can still die from getting in a fight with fox "in the woods" is possible. It would be nice if the notifications would tell you why they died. Can't be of old age if the switch off works.

ETA: After I did a few more tests and find that the aging off setting for this pack must be bugged as it only works for cows & chickens. Rabbit & Fox will still die of old age. Please EA, fix this. I want to keep my cute rabbits & fox without the use of mods, thanks.

Message 4 of 9 (3,249 Views)

★ Guide

My rabbits die too, but aging is off. 

Message 5 of 9 (3,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

I encountered this issue with my bunny "Potato" dying, he was the first bunny my sim became friends with and I really wanted to keep him around as I have that setting off but he still died. I hope EA fixes this soon. Frown

Message 6 of 9 (3,115 Views)

★ Pro

It's a shame how this subject is simply ignored by the developers. At least it seems that way.

Players have wanted animals so much and now that there are finally some new, wild animals, there is mass death in the game because there are so many bugs in this expansion. I'm not sure if the "comedians" are aware of what kind of impact this can have on various players. Especially when the player managed to friend them. The joy of having new animals in the game has sunk to rock bottom for many, followed by sadness and disappointment.
However, animals are not toys, and should not be portrayed as such in any game. A disclaimer for that matter should also be taking in consideration.
I am well aware that wild animals also die at some point, but what is offered here in this expansion is totally exaggerated and far from reality. You left out the doghouse in Cats&Dogs because you thought it was cruelty to animals and not up to date? But it's ok for you to let the new animals die in just a few days and equip them with idiotic clothes, once again.

You support forcing animals in clothes, but are against a dog house? What kind of philosophy is that?? I know that it is optional, but it's still ok for you to make it available which is my point here. And what are these far from any reality stupid favorite preferences of the animals? Since when do animals like statues, books and god knows what? Plants revert when animals come to help gardening, foxes run around with open mouths, gifted packages lie around in different areas, animals still die with againg off, and so forth...
I sincerely hope that this expansion will soon be repaired, and in a timely manner.

Message 7 of 9 (3,029 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah EA is pretty idiotic about a lot of things as well as late and able bad thought processes and behavior in other people even to a abusive state.

However I agree with you guys when it comes to the rabbit and animal thing here. It's like it was slapped together by people who know nothing or very little.

It was like it was pieced together by different departments who did not communicate well with each other.

Rented rabbits don't live that long in reality anyway but it's not always the case. Every now and then you'll find a rabbit who can outlive all this others. Ironically it seems to have to do with mating. It seems for most animals mating takes a lot out of them.

Anyway after looking all this up because I have a rabbit that looks like a Siamese cat so therefore I named him or her Siamese. And he is at the elder stage and I can't figure out a way to keep them from dying except for outright selling the thing or maybe put it in some kind of inventory space I don't know. I'm working on it.

Message 8 of 9 (2,682 Views)

For anyone whose animals are dying despite the aging setting being off, please use this bug report:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-CoL-Animal-Aging-off-Animals-Still-Dying/td-p/1055...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 9 (2,609 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help