Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Country Kitchen: Kit won't Download/wants to buy again

by darkness947

Original Post

Re: Purchased Sims 4 Kit shows I didn't purchase it

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I purchased and installed Country Kitchen and Bust the Dust on March 2nd. I've been playing with that content all week. I start my game this evening and the game tells me I don't own Country Kitchen nor Bust the Dust Kits. Please help! D:

I have followed the instructions to clear Origin's cache, and I have repaired my game files, but nothing has changed. 

Message 51 of 210 (1,280 Views)

Re: Sims 4 kits disappearing

★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I have all the kits, packs. But bust the dust is gone. Completely gone. 

Message 52 of 210 (1,270 Views)

Re: Sims 4 kits disappearing

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't mean to step on any moderators' toes, but you need to contact EA to fix this. 

Here is the quick and dirty way to do this:

Everyone. You need to sign in to your EA ACCOUNT to check purchases and to fix this problem:

Go here: ea.com
Click on Account Settings.
From the Left panel choose Order History
Confirm your purchases are there.

NEXT: Access Help

Click on the EA Help on the upper right part of your screen next to your account icon.
Click CONTACT US upper left-hand corner of the screen
In the "What can we help you with? Select the game or service" line, input the Sims 4
Select your platform.
Select Manage My Account.
Select Find Missing Game
Click Select Contact Option.
A chat box will open up. Complete it with all necessary information.
Then a chat will begin as soon as help is available.

Message 53 of 210 (1,263 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, I'm also having the same problem. Bust the Dust seems to have disappeared from my account despite my having purchased it a few days ago.

Message 54 of 210 (1,307 Views)

★★ Novice

Also having this problem and hope it gets resolved soon. Already cleared the cache.

Message 55 of 210 (1,306 Views)

The sims 4 kits I paid for have gone AWOL...

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have paid for the three kits and were in my game up until this morning. Upon rebooting the sims 4 this afternoon, the kits have disappeared! I then went to my EA billing history and it says I paid for them and the transaction went through...I made sure I was on the right account as well. Can somebody help me with this? This is so weird Frown

Message 56 of 210 (1,190 Views)

New retro kit now not showing after purchase and gameplay "unowned"

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except vampires and batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? unsure, it just presented a dialog box when I loaded the game to say that some content had been removed
What happens when the bug occurs? All items from the kit has disappeared and it now says 'unowned'
What do you expect to see? kit restored and all items back
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Originally it was all three kits that disappeared however I moved mod files out of my game files, checked for updates and repaired the game from the origin portal. I then signed out and back in and the other two kits appeared as well as paranormal (hadn't noticed it missing).

Message 57 of 210 (1,249 Views)

★ Novice

Is there currently an ETA of when the issue will be resolved? I purchased all 3 kits the day of release and I'm having the same issues as everyone else.

Message 58 of 210 (1,303 Views)

Re: Purchased Sims 4 Kit shows I didn't purchase it

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Have just finished a live chat with EA Help and they were able to re-install the Kits to my game. I advise anyone else having this problem to get in touch with EA Help. 

Also, just an observation, I downloaded a lot from the gallery made with Base Game only and there's a tag on it in my library saying that it was created using content that I don't own, which is weird. 

Message 59 of 210 (1,326 Views)

Re: Expansion Pack Missing and "Unowned"

★★ Novice

Same. I bought the kits the first day they came out and have been playing with them for days. Went to start my game now and it's telling me all 3 kits are "Unowned" on the main game screen. Frown

Message 60 of 210 (1,286 Views)