Re: [RESHADER RELATED] Spinning Camera issues (Windows Update)

by Brixie96

Original Post

Re: Camera is spinning out of control!

★★★ Novice

I legit bought a brand new gaming mouse last night. Same issues. No Reshade installed on Sims 4. 

Pretty sure this isn't my mouse at this point. I think its something either from Windows update side or the new expansion pack. I'm pretty sad. Spend a crap ton of money on the Sims in general, and then random issues like this pop up and its somehow my fault. xD

I hope this is being looked into. Broken heart

Message 71 of 118 (2,353 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Kataxenna @crinrict Just a firm reminder - the spinning started AFTER the Windows 10 1903 update and BEFORE the pre Island Living update and the release of Island Living...

...I had swapped my mouse for my son's wired mouse and there wasn't the spinning (although I was in Live and Build mode, not CAS)... but that mouse doesn't work worth a d***, if you know what I mean. Sigh.

Message 72 of 118 (2,332 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had not played between the windows update and then Island living. So i dont know if it is windows or the game itself. It might be Windows. 

Message 73 of 118 (2,317 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict i am not on Windows 1903, im on 1803

I changed my mouse sensitivity down and although it barely moved, the screen still spinned at the same rate as before.
i removed all my script mods and only kept ones that have been updated for the patch and removed ones that had been 'confirmed as compatible', that seemed to have fixed the problem.
Message 74 of 118 (2,307 Views)

Hero
@Carhenia Interesting. What mods are you using (please only name them, no links and no naming of adult mods) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 118 (2,290 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having this issue as well. I then read the comments on this post and it worked.

Basically in go into Origin > application settings > origin in-game > then switch off origin in-game. This worked for me. Credit to squeamishsims

Message 76 of 118 (2,264 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Kataxenna Try going into Origin > application settings > origin in-game > then switch off origin in-game. This worked for me.

Message 77 of 118 (2,250 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Brixie96 @crinrict Thank you so much! Turning off Origin in game worked! My mouse actually feels a bit cludgy, lol!
Message 78 of 118 (2,232 Views)

Hero
@Brixie96 Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Will add that to the solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 79 of 118 (2,226 Views)

★★★ Novice

This also worked for me. How odd!!!

Message 80 of 118 (2,192 Views)