Re: Camera issues after Windows 10 update (1903)

by thuraski

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Apologies for not posting my resolution any sooner!

Mine appeared to have fixed itself, and I thought someone had fixed something somewhere.  It turns out that my son replaced my mouse for me because my right mouse button was "sticking", and he uses it a bunch for some of his games.  I only use it really in Sims 4, so I hadn't realized it was a hardware issue.

Message 11 of 118 (2,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I still have the issues with sliders in CAS and rotating the camera in free view, unfortunately. I've tried with my laptop's built-in trackpad and trackpoint (Lenovo ThinkPad T480) as well as a USB mouse (Lenovo ThinkPad USB Laser Mouse).

DXDiag attached.

Edit: For what it's worth I updated my mouse drivers (https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/downloads/ds502233), still the same issue.

Message 12 of 118 (2,308 Views)

Hero
I see your using XBox gameing overlay. Do you use that while gaming Sims as well ? DId you try turning it off ?

Did you try if you can change the sensitivity a bit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 118 (2,267 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have Game Bar/all the Xbox stuff off, no change. No change either with changing pointer sensitivity.
Message 14 of 118 (2,227 Views)

Hero
@thuraski DId you install today's patch to see if that helps ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 118 (2,223 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Today's patch seems to have fixed it (free cam is much more sensible now). I'm not 100% sure if it was the patch or something else (video drivers, perhaps), but camera/CAS behavior appears to be back to normal.
Message 16 of 118 (2,212 Views)

Hero
@thuraski That's great to hear. I will leave this a few days before marking as fixed to see if others still have issues.

Let me know if it comes back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 118 (2,205 Views)

Super High Mouse Sensitivity After June 2019 Patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1050
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Island Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Super high mouse sensitivity in CAS and during gameplay.
What do you expect to see? Normal mouse sensitivity.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6\18\19 patch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yXMaOVHI93Tby-9DT7RMweBMUXkH27y5/view I've tried repairing the game, starting a new save, using a different mouse, switching ports, troubleshooting, etc. Everything is updated on my end. I use a default skin, but removed it prior to the update and it hasn't been in my game since. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

Message 18 of 118 (2,233 Views)

Re: Super High Mouse Sensitivity After June 2019 Patch

★★★ Novice
@Boo_101102 Same here! The mouse movement in game and cas is fine, until I click on the sim to spin them around or make a body part adjustment, that’s when it acts like my dpi is way higher than it really is. My sim will do a bunch of 360s with barely a move of my mouse on them to turn them lol
Message 19 of 118 (2,211 Views)

Re: Super High Mouse Sensitivity After June 2019 Patch

Hero

What kind of mouse have you tried ? Normal or gameing mouse ?

Merged with existing thread

@Boo_101102 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 118 (2,174 Views)