[READ FIRST] Unrecognized video card

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Unrecognized Video Card

★ Novice

I made a whole town in Sims 4 and everything was fine then I opened the game one day and I got a popup that there is an unrecognized video card. I have an HP Pavilion with an intel cor i5 10th gen.

Message 11 of 182 (2,258 Views)

Re: Unrecognized Video Card

★ Novice
@kingjuliaaa This is what I get when I open the Config file:
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) UHD Graphics
Name (database): [Found: 0, Supported: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 9b41, Board: 866e103c, Chipset: 0002
Driver: igdumdim64.dll, Version: 26.20.100.7926, GUID: D7B78E66-D801-11CF-7A6D-0AA6B9C2D735
Driver version: 7926
Message 12 of 182 (2,256 Views)

Re: [READ FIRST] Unrecognized video card

@kingjuliaaa  I've merged your posts with the new master thread for this issue.  If you want, you can try adding the file linked in the first post to your Sims 4 user folder; instructions are included.  Please let us know if it doesn't work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 182 (2,243 Views)

Re: [READ FIRST] Unrecognized video card

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I downloaded the file provided and it worked! Thank you!
Message 14 of 182 (2,225 Views)

RTX 3080 not recognized

★★★ Apprentice

Upgraded my PC two weeks ago and when booting up The Sims 4 it fails recognizing my graphics card. 

Sharing the Config.log and hopefully this can be fixed.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 15 of 182 (2,216 Views)

Re: RTX 3080 not recognized

Hero
@EnigmaChucker Merged your post with the master. As the virus scanner is not working could you either c/p the content of the file or upload to a third party site and link

Do try the text file provided on the first page. Not sure if the 3080 are all in there yet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 182 (2,205 Views)

Message 17 of 182 (2,200 Views)

@EnigmaChucker  I added your card and a couple others to the file linked in the first post. Please try it and let me know whether it works.

Message 18 of 182 (2,172 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Card is recognized now but the refresh rate is max 120 now, and my monitor is 165. all settings are on 165 in Windows10 and Nvidia control panel. any way to fix this?
Message 19 of 182 (2,155 Views)

@EnigmaChucker  Are you talking about the refresh rate options in the game settings, or somewhere else?  If it's within the game settings, you can simply choose to leave it on default, and I think the game won't impose any limit.  So you could use the Nvidia Control Panel's vertical sync or max frame rate settings, under program and global settings, respectively, to manually limit fps.

If this doesn't work, try playing in "windowed fullscreen" (i.e. borderless) instead of fullscreen.

Message 20 of 182 (2,140 Views)