[READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

by SandArcher

Original Post

Re: SIms 3 on Windows 10

Hero (Retired)

@sophdex 

@SandArcher wrote:

2) Running the game in compatibility mode  ( Official instructions )

• To run your game in compatibility mode, do the following steps: 
  • Right-click on the Sims 3 icon on your desktop and choose "Properties" 
  • Go to the compatibility tab and choose Windows XP Service Pack 2 
  • Apply
  • Try launch your game

Message 11 of 95 (6,234 Views)

Re: qrigin on windows 10 pc keeps closeing down why

Hero (Retired)

@crdelves 

• Please post a complete dxdiag of your issue. Either upload it to a site like pastebin and then link it here or post in in a spoiler tag (spoiler tag is next to the strikethrough button in the text editor) to keep the thread tidy
  • How far do you get? 
  • Are you getting any error messages - if so, please post it
  • What anti-virus are you running? 
  • Are you using the administrator account? 
  • Have you tried the suggestions above (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)? 
Message 12 of 95 (6,228 Views)

★★ Novice

I disagree wholeheartedly!

I have everything Sims 3 and now it won't play as of upgradigng to Win 10.

I have been looking for help from origins and win and neither can/are willing to help.

Where can I get help from?

So far I have uninstalled Sims 3 and reinstalled it from origins page and then a tech I was in a chat with had me restart my computer and they disappeared. And it still doesn't work.

What else can I do? It never asked for a disk before, but now it does, and when I load the disk it says it can't find the disk no matter how many times I hit try again.

Message 13 of 95 (6,767 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@oddtime 

• Please post a complete dxdiag of your issue. Either upload it to a site like pastebin and then link it here or post in in a spoiler tag (spoiler tag is next to the strikethrough button in the text editor) to keep the thread tidy
  • How far do you get? 
  • Have you tried the suggestions above (first post) (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)?
Message 14 of 95 (6,173 Views)

Re: about Sims 3 Paradise Isle

★ Novice

I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  second i have the latest version of the game if i not had it i could not even start it up. but its 1.67.2.024002. Third how whould you have me to set in a DxDiag when there not are anyfeature for attacment. But I can tell you there arn't anything wrong with my computer I have a Nvidia GTX 770 with 2 GB ram I have 16 GB ram in system I have a Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-3570 CPU 3.40 GHz  (4 CPUs), 3.4GHz my motherboard is a Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 I build my own computer and have done it the last 15 year and all and every one of them Work 100% perfect first time they build.

If you want to see the correct DxDiag send me an email I can send it or tell me how I should send it in here.

Message 15 of 95 (6,169 Views)

Re: about Sims 3 Paradise Isle

Hero (Retired)

@KristianGA I've moved your post to the Win 10 thread

• How far do you get? 
  • Have you tried the suggestions above (first post) (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)?
Message 16 of 95 (6,168 Views)

★ Novice

It locks up the system repeatedly for me. Didn't have any problems under Windows 7. Big disappointment, I pretty much can't play at all anymore.

Message 17 of 95 (6,139 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@fathorse2 I've moved your post to the Win 10 help thread

• How far do you get? 
  • Have you tried the suggestions above - first post (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)?
Message 18 of 95 (6,129 Views)

'Sims 3 Has Stopped Working"

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if it was the new Windows 10 update, or maybe Origin installed my games wrong, but I had talked to a guy from EA last night and he said I had an awesome graphics card and there was no issue there, then he made me download something off the internet.  That didn't work. My sims3 game is still crashing.  Do I uninstall then reinstall my games again to fix this problem? So sad... What do I do folks?

Devil

Message 19 of 95 (6,122 Views)

Re: 'Sims 3 Has Stopped Working"

Hero (Retired)

@Mamma_Simsie 

I've moved your post to the Win 10 help thread

• How far do you get? 
  • Have you tried the suggestions above - first post (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)?
Message 20 of 95 (6,115 Views)