Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

by SandArcher

Original Post

Re: SIms 3 on Windows 10

Hero (Retired)

@sophdex 

@SandArcher wrote:

2) Running the game in compatibility mode  ( Official instructions )

• To run your game in compatibility mode, do the following steps: 
  • Right-click on the Sims 3 icon on your desktop and choose "Properties" 
  • Go to the compatibility tab and choose Windows XP Service Pack 2 
  • Apply
  • Try launch your game

Message 11 of 93 (4,442 Views)

Re: qrigin on windows 10 pc keeps closeing down why

Hero (Retired)

@crdelves 

• Please post a complete dxdiag of your issue. Either upload it to a site like pastebin and then link it here or post in in a spoiler tag (spoiler tag is next to the strikethrough button in the text editor) to keep the thread tidy
  • How far do you get? 
  • Are you getting any error messages - if so, please post it
  • What anti-virus are you running? 
  • Are you using the administrator account? 
  • Have you tried the suggestions above (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)? 
Message 12 of 93 (4,436 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I disagree wholeheartedly!

I have everything Sims 3 and now it won't play as of upgradigng to Win 10.

I have been looking for help from origins and win and neither can/are willing to help.

Where can I get help from?

So far I have uninstalled Sims 3 and reinstalled it from origins page and then a tech I was in a chat with had me restart my computer and they disappeared. And it still doesn't work.

What else can I do? It never asked for a disk before, but now it does, and when I load the disk it says it can't find the disk no matter how many times I hit try again.

Message 13 of 93 (4,975 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@oddtime 

• Please post a complete dxdiag of your issue. Either upload it to a site like pastebin and then link it here or post in in a spoiler tag (spoiler tag is next to the strikethrough button in the text editor) to keep the thread tidy
  • How far do you get? 
  • Have you tried the suggestions above (first post) (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)?
Message 14 of 93 (4,382 Views)

Re: about Sims 3 Paradise Isle

★★★★ Novice

I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  second i have the latest version of the game if i not had it i could not even start it up. but its 1.67.2.024002. Third how whould you have me to set in a DxDiag when there not are anyfeature for attacment. But I can tell you there arn't anything wrong with my computer I have a Nvidia GTX 770 with 2 GB ram I have 16 GB ram in system I have a Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-3570 CPU 3.40 GHz  (4 CPUs), 3.4GHz my motherboard is a Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 I build my own computer and have done it the last 15 year and all and every one of them Work 100% perfect first time they build.

If you want to see the correct DxDiag send me an email I can send it or tell me how I should send it in here.

Message 15 of 93 (4,378 Views)

Re: about Sims 3 Paradise Isle

Hero (Retired)

@KristianGA I've moved your post to the Win 10 thread

• How far do you get? 
  • Have you tried the suggestions above (first post) (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)?
Message 16 of 93 (4,377 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It locks up the system repeatedly for me. Didn't have any problems under Windows 7. Big disappointment, I pretty much can't play at all anymore.

Message 17 of 93 (4,348 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@fathorse2 I've moved your post to the Win 10 help thread

• How far do you get? 
  • Have you tried the suggestions above - first post (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)?
Message 18 of 93 (4,338 Views)

'Sims 3 Has Stopped Working"

★★★★ Newbie

I don't know if it was the new Windows 10 update, or maybe Origin installed my games wrong, but I had talked to a guy from EA last night and he said I had an awesome graphics card and there was no issue there, then he made me download something off the internet.  That didn't work. My sims3 game is still crashing.  Do I uninstall then reinstall my games again to fix this problem? So sad... What do I do folks?

Devil

Message 19 of 93 (4,331 Views)

Re: 'Sims 3 Has Stopped Working"

Hero (Retired)

@iilarkaii 

I've moved your post to the Win 10 help thread

• How far do you get? 
  • Have you tried the suggestions above - first post (graphics card drivers, compatibility mode)?
Message 20 of 93 (4,324 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help