[READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

by SandArcher

Original Post

Re: [READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

★★★ Newbie

Since i've updated my laptop to windows 10 my the sims 3 got very slow, which one of those things on the list do you recommend me doing? 

Message 91 of 95 (1,492 Views)

@ritacaetano9898  Try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Test out a new save in a well-made world like Sunset Valley or Twinbrook; does it run any better?  If so, you can start moving your content into the new folder from the old one, a few files at a time.  If the game slows down again, it may be because one of the files you just moved was corrupt.

If a new save in a clean folder still runs slowly, please run a dxdiag and attach the results here (use the Browse button).  Not all computers handle Windows 10 very well, and sometimes an OS upgrade can go wrong.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 92 of 95 (1,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Dragging the folder out to desktop is not the easiest way to create a new folder.  It is much easier and faster to just rename the folder to Electronic Arts.bak, then a new folder will be created as soon as you launch the game rather than waiting for that huge folder to transfer to your desktop.  I do this regularly to get rid of unwanted CC because you have to reinstall what you do want to keep if you do this.  This also means that everything you need, saved games, etc are right there in the .bak folder.  

For anyone who doesn't understand how this works it's very simple, when you launch a fresh game it generates a new folder, a clean folder.

Message 93 of 95 (1,139 Views)

Re: SIms 3 on Windows 10

★★★ Newbie

doesnt work!!!!

Message 94 of 95 (516 Views)

Re: SIms 3 on Windows 10

[ Edited ]

@jsrtig  In case it helps, there's a current issue with new Sims 3 installs, solved by manually installing DirectX 9:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/SIMS-3-GAME-WON-T-LAUNCH-WINDOWS-10/m-p/10700883#M2477...

Otherwise, please describe your issue in more detail.

Edit:  Since this thread is quite old, I'll lock it here.  If you're having issues opening Sims 3 in Windows 10 and manually installing DirectX 9, as described in the above link, doesn't help, please create a new thread in this section.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to your new post.  Here's how:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 95 of 95 (503 Views)