I am having the exact same issue

Message 82 of 273 (334 Views)

Re: Gallery broken after Dec 7 update.

★ Novice

all I see is main menu load or start new game it automatically kicks me out :-(

Message 83 of 273 (393 Views)

Re: Why can't I access the gallery?

★★★★ Novice

Are we ever going to get some feedback on this? It seems as though we've all done what was listed and the problem still persists. Is someone looking into this?? 

Message 84 of 273 (355 Views)

Re: Sims4 cannot connect to gallery or go online

★★ Novice

Okay, so after not getting any answers from this forum I tried the EA support via telephone. 

Even though they were super nice and we tried stuff for over an hour we still couldn't get it to work.

However i figured it out eventually on my own. 

So I am using Unitymedia as a Internetprovider and in their standard settings of their routers they have the following ports blocked.

18000, 18120, 18060, 27900, 28910 und 29900

So i had to find them in the advanced settings and open them and suddenly I could access the gallery.

Hope it might also help someone else witha  similar problem.

All the best,

Chuliano

Message 85 of 273 (329 Views)

Cannot connect to the gallery

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, university, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, dine out, outdoor retreat, parenthood, spa day, strangerville, vampires, backyard stuff, bowling, cool kitchen stuff, fitness stuff, kids room stuff, laundry stuff, luxury party stuff, movie hangout stuff, first pet stuff, perfect patio stuff, romantic garden stuff, tiny living, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to get into the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? the gallery will not load and it says it cannot connect to the internet because there is no internet connection when I am connected to the internet via Wifi
What do you expect to see? I should be able to browse the gallery while playing sims 4
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I called EA support and they ran me through every trouble shooting step, including taking out all my mods/custom content and this issue still was not resolved.

Message 86 of 273 (337 Views)

inter

★ Novice

I'm having connection problems for Sims 4. It keeps telling me I'm offline even though I have a stable connection to my internet and even connected to Origin, I honestly don't know what to do besides to uninstall all of it. 

Message 87 of 273 (319 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have the same internet provider, but I'll see if they happen to have similar ports. Best of luck. 

Message 88 of 273 (295 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Chuliano731 If only a layman could understand this solution.
Message 89 of 273 (250 Views)

★★ Novice

@Wallisdj I could try to explain it as good as I can but you need to have access to the router of the network your computer is in. Otherwise this does not work. Also sometimes if you live for example in a student dorm you might need to ask a technician if these ports are closed on the central router for the dorm and if they could open it.

So depending on the provider the ports, that need to be opened might be different. 

These are the ports you should try to open and check starting at which point it works, because maybe some ports you can leave closed.

TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900. UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900.

To do so you should access your router over a browser (standardized it has the IP dress 192.168.0.1, if no-one changed it.). So type that IP into your browser.

On the page that pops up you should log into your router. You will need the admin account for this.

Once logged in you should try and google on which tab or menu you can find the option for closed ports for your special provider (as i said for unity media it is under the advanced options tab under port-filter). 

Then you need to check if the above mentioned ports with the corresponding protocol (TCP or UDP) are in the list of blocked ports.

If you can find some of them take them out of the list (Thus opening the ports).

And if that was your initial problem sims 4 should be able to connect to the gallery when opening the game.

Hope I could help 

Message 90 of 273 (245 Views)
Twitter Stream