Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Cannot connect to Gallery

by Peapod79

Original Post

Re: Cannot Connect To Sims 4 Gallery 2021

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i haven't been able to use the gallery for days now, and none of the solutions I've found have worked for me

Message 131 of 273 (473 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MickRonson I am having a similar problem in the US. The game is loading fine but it will NOT connect to the Gallery. I have tried everything I can think of ( Removing mods, repairing the game, Restarting my computer, checking network connection, Etc...) Nothing works. Hope they can fix this soon. I am annoyed.
Message 132 of 273 (421 Views)

★ Guide

Then it's not just me. Thanks.

Kind regards James

Message 133 of 273 (410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I was able to access the gallery in game last night (1/4/21) around 10 PM EST, but when I tried again at about 2 AM EST, I was no longer able to do so. It's not connected when it loads, and when I try to connect, I get the spinning wheel. At one point last night, I let it try to connect for between 5-10 minutes. I've spent the last three hours trying these steps:

• Make sure Origin is online instead of on offline mode.
  • Make sure your firewall or antivirus are not blocking the connection - add the game and Origin to its exceptions.
  • Restart your router
  • Flush your DNS - you can learn how to here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/
  • Run the game and Origin as administrator
  • Try to use a different Windows account

Not one thing in the list above has helped. Is there something else that I should try or is the problem at the source?

Note: I can access the gallery via the webpage in Chrome, but not in game, which is where I need it.

Edit 1: I forgot to say that I have both checked for updates (there were none) and repaired the game. Those were the first things that I did.

Edit 2: Clarified what happens when I try to connect to the gallery.

Edit 3: Clarified that I meant the in game gallery and added the note about being able to connect to the web version.

Message 134 of 273 (446 Views)

Re: Cannot connect to Sims 4 Gallery on Mac

★★★ Novice

Same issue here.  MacOS Mojave v.10.14.6, latest version of The Sims 4, my internet is working fine... but I can't connect to the gallery in-game.

Message 135 of 273 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@NeoFelis22Yes, have done exactly the same things but not the last one. I use only one account on my PC and the game on windowed mode. I'm sure windows update may be preventing the gallery from connecting.... I tried repairing the game too (actually trying).

I have no mods.

EDIT 1: Origin and TS4 are on my blocked list, I use Avast.

EDIT 2: Have repaired the game, still same thing

Message 136 of 273 (422 Views)

★ Guide

I'm also in the UK and have been having this problem all day, as well as some friends in South Africa were also telling me that they were having the same issues. 

Message 137 of 273 (396 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MickRonson Yep Gallery is down.
Message 138 of 273 (386 Views)

Re: Cannot connect to Sims 4 Gallery on Mac

★★ Novice

I'm not on a MAC but I have had the same problem since last night! It's really annoying because I'm trying to populate my save file right now!

Message 139 of 273 (381 Views)

Gallery Issue.

★★ Novice

Hi, I currently cannot access my sims 4 gallery. This has been an issue for 2 weeks now. I have contacted MULTIPLE ea workers and no one can help me or fix this issue. When I go click on gallery it tells me I do not have an internet connection. I have tried to reboot my internet already, it still did nothing.  Here are some facts about my account: 

• I have a teen account. The age restriction for gallery is 13 and I am above that age.
  • I am in my mom's household. 

Would there be a way for my mom to grant me permission? 

Please help me. 

Message 140 of 273 (402 Views)
Twitter Stream