Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Sims4 cannot connect to gallery or go online

by Wallisdj

Original Post

Re: Gallery Is Not Connecting (Even when I'm Online) DECEMBER 2020

Hero
@Sunstar_MegaMan Merged your post with the gallery thread.

There's some suggestions on the first post you can try

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 351 (781 Views)

Re: Gallery broken after Dec 7 update.

★★★ Newbie
@The5Virtues mine is the same!! ugh so annoying
Message 82 of 351 (503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue

Message 83 of 351 (474 Views)

★ Novice

all I see is main menu load or start new game it automatically kicks me out :-(

Message 84 of 351 (533 Views)

Re: Why can't I access the gallery?

★★★★ Novice

Are we ever going to get some feedback on this? It seems as though we've all done what was listed and the problem still persists. Is someone looking into this?? 

Message 85 of 351 (495 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, so after not getting any answers from this forum I tried the EA support via telephone. 

Even though they were super nice and we tried stuff for over an hour we still couldn't get it to work.

However i figured it out eventually on my own. 

So I am using Unitymedia as a Internetprovider and in their standard settings of their routers they have the following ports blocked.

18000, 18120, 18060, 27900, 28910 und 29900

So i had to find them in the advanced settings and open them and suddenly I could access the gallery.

Hope it might also help someone else witha  similar problem.

All the best,

Chuliano

Message 86 of 351 (470 Views)

Cannot connect to the gallery

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, university, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, dine out, outdoor retreat, parenthood, spa day, strangerville, vampires, backyard stuff, bowling, cool kitchen stuff, fitness stuff, kids room stuff, laundry stuff, luxury party stuff, movie hangout stuff, first pet stuff, perfect patio stuff, romantic garden stuff, tiny living, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to get into the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? the gallery will not load and it says it cannot connect to the internet because there is no internet connection when I am connected to the internet via Wifi
What do you expect to see? I should be able to browse the gallery while playing sims 4
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I called EA support and they ran me through every trouble shooting step, including taking out all my mods/custom content and this issue still was not resolved.

Message 87 of 351 (477 Views)

inter

★ Novice

I'm having connection problems for Sims 4. It keeps telling me I'm offline even though I have a stable connection to my internet and even connected to Origin, I honestly don't know what to do besides to uninstall all of it. 

Message 88 of 351 (459 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have the same internet provider, but I'll see if they happen to have similar ports. Best of luck. 

Message 89 of 351 (436 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
@Chuliano731 If only a layman could understand this solution.
Message 90 of 351 (391 Views)
Twitter Stream