Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by AaronReborn

Original Post

Re: Unable to go online ... No internet connection

★ Novice

Were you able to fix it? I'm having the same problem .

Message 51 of 341 (413 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

★★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo I sent a private message to you as I also am having issues with accessing the online gallery.
Message 52 of 341 (707 Views)

Re: Unable to go online ... No internet connection

★★★★ Novice
@cassiehtx Haven't gotten a response yet, so the issue persists. Kinda annoyed now as I spent money just to have this issue show up.
Message 53 of 341 (697 Views)

Can not connect to the Gallery in-game- Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Having problems connecting to the internet while in-game. Origin is connected (on-line). I restarted my router, uninstalled Origin, Repaired ALL SIMS 4 PACKS, Uninstalled Sims 4, Updated everything, Checked my firewall, checked my DSN, Reinstalled everything (Origin and Sims 4). Done practically everything to get online in the Sims 4 game. I just can't connect to the Gallery what so ever. Can anyone help me?

Message 54 of 341 (702 Views)

Can't connect to the gallery

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1681561020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except university, star Wars, knitting and spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and connect to the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? Gallery asks to connects to internet, it just keeps trying to connect and stops or I get red crosses.
What do you expect to see? My gallery working
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The gallery has never worked correctly. I can see my creations but cannot connect to see others. I've tried rebooting computer, clearing cache, repairing game. Turning it on and offline in origin. Nothing works

Message 55 of 341 (670 Views)

Re: Can not connect to the Gallery in-game- Sims 4

★★★ Novice

I am beginning to think that the New Game (Snow Escape) must be causing the problems. My game was working fine before the New upload. My game still says that it needs an internet connection to access but I have a connection since I am online. 

Message 56 of 341 (661 Views)

Re: Can't connect to the gallery

Hero
@Staceytenerife Merging this with the main gallery online issue thread.

Please try all suggestions on the first post.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 341 (650 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried the new updated fixes, but none worked. At least for me, I'm unsure if its the firewall at this point. 

For experimentation, I tried getting onto the gallery on my laptop. Worked just fine. Same internet, same firewall settings. Only thing that hasn't happened to it yet is a particular windows 10 update. I'm not entirely convinced this bug happened due to an OS update though, as my sims game was working fine before I updated to Snowy Escape. Though I tried just uninstalling Snowy Escape itself, and that didn't work either. So, if it's not the firewall, or the ransomware, OR the OS, what could it possibly be other than something in the update? 

Trying more tweaks to see if I find a solution. (There's a new scheduled update for the OS, so I'll see if that does anything.) 

Message 58 of 341 (628 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Tried all of those suggestions as well. Nothing seems to work. I'm convinced the New Pack is the reason for my issue as well.
Message 59 of 341 (622 Views)

Sims4 won't connect to the internet, even though I am connected! Help!

★★★ Newbie

Help! Since the update I cannot access the Gallery or check my feed--anything that needs an internet connection.
Here's the issue: my internet works just fine for everything else. All systems there are working just fine.
I did a UOTrace and spoke to chat, went through all the steps. Then had my techie brother come over, who suggested a complete uninstallation and reinstallation of the whole game. Did it, done, checked that off the list. I still have the same issue.
I can get into Sims4 just fine, but I just can't upload any builds, download any builds from the Gallery, see what's new/being shared on feed/check out Spark'd, and so on. I can't even (while Sims4 is open) look at the new pack, or make purchases from there. I've tried everything I can think of. I've even cleared the cache and emptied all folders per chat request, but kept photos and saved files. Do I have to delete Origin completely and reinstall that, too?
I have so many builds I want to upload, but can't. Can anyone help?

Sincerely, 
A Very Frustrated Simmer

Message 60 of 341 (590 Views)
Twitter Stream