Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Sims4 cannot connect to gallery or go online

by SweFilBookworm

Original Post

I can't connect with the gallery

★ Novice

I re-installed origin, I cleaned whatever that everyone recommended, and literally did everything to connect to the gallery but it never works. I've been trying to do that for a week now but nothing ever worked. And yes, I ran origin as the admin, I'm online in origin and I removed all my mods before testing. I'm so lost and helpless right now.

Message 101 of 416 (669 Views)

Message 102 of 416 (1,116 Views)

Re: Can't connect to the gallery

★★★ Novice

I have done everything that was in THE FIRST POST. Still, it isn't working. What I don't get is that my Desktop works but My LAPTOP doesn't. Not everyone uses desktops now and days. It must be something on the LAPTOP when it comes to SIMS 4. I didn't have issues until I downloaded Snow Escape. 

Message 103 of 416 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Wallisdj thank you!
Message 104 of 416 (1,093 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I have straight up turned off my firewall, and the X's were gone. However, instead of showing the X's, no thumbnails even showed up, just a loading screen. Five seconds in to the loading screen, the dreaded "no internet connection" popped up again, despite a fully functional internet that is allowing me to post this right now. I am deeply annoyed an don't understand how it's happening to so many people without the issue being resolved.

Message 105 of 416 (1,092 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @SweFilBookworm 

Here are some other things to try:

1. If you have multiple network devices - LAN, wireless, Bluetooth, VPN, etc - try disabling them one-by-one to see if one of them is bad.  The game could be attempting to choose a bad adapter that currently doesn’t have internet access.
  2. Try moving the \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ folder to your desktop temporarily, launching the game, and checking the Gallery.  If it connects fine, that likely means there's something bad in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ .
  3. If you are playing on a school or work network, perhaps that network is blocking connection. You should contact the network administrator of your work or school, or try switching to a different network outside of the work or school network.
  4. If 1, 2, or 3 above don't help, try pinging http://sims4cdn.ea.com .  If the ping fails, it means your computer is not able to connect to Sims 4 CDN, and we can follow up with more steps.
    1. How to ping on Windows
    2. How to ping on Mac
  5. Attempt to load http://sims4cdn.ea.com/content.ts4/master/live/masterconfig.txt in a browser,  If you see an error page or corrupted text, we can follow up with more steps.
  6. Attempt to load http://sims4cdn.ea.com/content.ts4/config/live/killswitch/killswitch_normal15.txt in a browser,  If you see an error page or corrupted text, we can follow up with more steps.
Message 106 of 416 (1,078 Views)

sims 4 wont connect to the internet

★★ Novice

Hi,

My Sims 4 wont connect to the internet or let me access the gallery. When i try it just says Sims 4 is offline and asks me to connect, but it wont connect. I have spent hours searching forums and have tried everything I have found but nothing seems to work. I have cleared my origin cash, then reset, nothing. I have repaired the game three times, nothing. I have checked my firewall is allowing both sims 4 and origin, and have even deactivated the firewall all together, still nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the sims twice, nothing. I have tried running the game in administrator mode, nothing. Both the sims and origin are up to date and i am definitely in online mode on origin. It has been like this for over a month now and nothing seems to fix it. It is incredibly frustrating and with the amount of time I've spent trying to fix the issue I am honestly starting to feel like just giving up on the sims all together. It would be fantastic if there was anything else you could suggest that might help, I'm honestly at my wits end with it.

Thanks

Message 107 of 416 (1,067 Views)

Re: [READ FIRST] Status of the Gallery - ONLINE

★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm still having this problem for over 2 mounths now and have followed all the helpful tips twice, not sure what else i can do (location England)
Message 108 of 416 (1,024 Views)

Sims 4 Gallery will not connect

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampire, Get to Work, and realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not for everyone but my Gallery will not connect.
What happens when the bug occurs? Gallery doesn’t connect. My account is to age, I have disable firewall, I don’t have a anitivirus , I have put my mods folder to desktop , and I have unistalled origin and reinstall it I also did the same to the sims 4 game. Nothing works.
What do you expect to see? Gallery doesn’t connect
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims 4

Message 109 of 416 (1,027 Views)

Re: [READ FIRST] Status of the Gallery - ONLINE

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rosedd11 Did you try all the suggestions from SimQARobo few posts up as well ?

Could you PM me your connectionStatus.txt file ?

@HaleyMorganF merged your post with the main thread. Please try the suggestions in the first post.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 110 of 416 (996 Views)
Twitter Stream