Quick question

by robdefalco

Original Post

Quick question

★ Apprentice

Finally working after several months! Although I wanted to ask is cc and mods safe to use and download if so could someone help me do this please as I would like to unlock clothing and do things that Ea doesn’t have, seems super cool!

Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

Re: Quick question

@robdefalco  Mods and custom content can work in the sense that well-made content won't break your game.  But poorly-made content can and will, so you need to be careful.

The best practice is to start by making a copy of your saves; you can copy the entire saves folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to another location.  Then add a small amount of content and test it in-game.  I don't just mean see how your game runs—you need to actually use the content, for example assigning cc clothing or hair to a sim and looking at that sim in-game to make sure there are no graphical glitches.  If everything looks fine, add a little more and test again.

Each patch has the potential to break any and all of your mods and custom content, so be sure to back up your saves again before playing after a patch, and remove or update any content that's now outdated.  It certainly takes some work, but it may be worth the effort to you to use the extra content you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (79 Views)