by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Quick learner trait keeps reappearing

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get famous, get together, city living, seasons, parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It keeps being regenerated by the game when editing sim in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim who has the actor aspiration will get stuck with the "quick learner" trait instead of the "muser" trait, because when I was making the sim in CAS I used one of my saved sims from my library who had the quick learner trait as a base for her look. The game keeps removing the "muser" trait that I had given her from the actor aspiration.
What do you expect to see? I'm so far in the game that I don't want to replace her with a copy, I just wish It was a way to give her back the muser trait and to keep the quick learner trait from reappearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue appeared again after resetting my game.

My sim who has the actor aspiration will get stuck with the "quick learner" trait instead of the "muser" trait, because when I was making the sim in CAS I used one of my saved sims from my library who had the quick learner trait as a base for her look. I don't remember exactly how, but i think in the beginning she had the muser trait when I made her in CAS, then I uploaded her with the muser trait to the gallery. When working on her in CAS the game kept removing the muser trait and giving her the quick learner trait instead, so I downloaded the version I had of her with the muser trait and deleted the version of her with the quick learner trait. Before I started playing I also noticed that she had gotten all the skills of the base sim as well so I used mccc to remove all her skills. I used the cas.fulleditmode cheat to reupload her to gallery without any skills and with the "muser" trait . I used this version of her to start a new game and everything was fine, she had the muser trait and learned skills from the beginning, but then after yesterday when I had to reset my game she now reappears with the "quick learner" trait again.

Message 1 of 6 (1,043 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Quick learner trait keeps reappearing

★★★★ Novice

I'm sorry I was gone for a while. I was able to remove the trait completely by using testingcheats then typing traits.remove_trait quick_learner. I found out she had gotten 5 traits but this has removed it completely and the muser trait will show up in CAS now. Thanks for trying to help me. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (955 Views)

All Replies

Hero
What's the name of your Sim in the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,018 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found out it only happens when I change her in the mirror. When I use cas.fulleditmode she is back to having the "muser" trait again. I guess this is a temporary fix for now.

Message 3 of 6 (1,001 Views)

Hero
Would still be helpful if I could try your Sims unless this issue is solved for you like this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (996 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (969 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm sorry I was gone for a while. I was able to remove the trait completely by using testingcheats then typing traits.remove_trait quick_learner. I found out she had gotten 5 traits but this has removed it completely and the muser trait will show up in CAS now. Thanks for trying to help me. Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (956 Views)