Question about downloads

by colormefubar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Question about downloads

★★★ Novice

I have a question and I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere. It's a bit of a two-part.

1. I have Sims 4 and several of the DLC for it. I got them all through Origin, the game works fine, updates through it, etc. But on Origin, it shows that I haven't purchased the base game and I have no idea why. 

2. My friend has all of the DLC and let me log into her Origin account to download the packs I don't own. For Sims 3, this let us share without making both of us buy copies of all the expansions. When I logged in on her Origin, on my computer, it automatically downloaded the Sims packs that I didn't have installed already. But when I logged back into mine and went into my game, none of the new things are in there. 

Do I need to actually be logged into her Origin account now to access the packs she has, even though the expansions are downloaded onto my computer? I have no idea how it works anymore, since this worked for Sims 2 and 3.

Message 1 of 3 (163 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Question about downloads

You do have to be in her account, as the serial is connected to her account. That's also why your account doesn't recognize the expansions.

For the game not showing up in Origin, contact EA: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (153 Views)

All Replies

You do have to be in her account, as the serial is connected to her account. That's also why your account doesn't recognize the expansions.

For the game not showing up in Origin, contact EA: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (154 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I was wondering if they had changed something between 3 and 4, and I guess they have. Thank you for such a prompt and clear answer, I really appreciate it!

Message 3 of 3 (144 Views)