Purchased sims 3 - roaring heights on ORIGIN and PRODUCT KEY IS INVAILD?

by sharnaye1802

Original Post

Purchased sims 3 - roaring heights on ORIGIN and PRODUCT KEY IS INVAILD?

★★★ Newbie

I purchased sims 3 roaring heights on origin for $20. It told me to visit the sims 3 website and install it/download it from there using a product key. Wellll it says product key has already been used??? I waited a week, and today I have tried again. STILL NOT WORKING. I then tried to buy the game directly from the sims 3 store.... it sends me straight back to origin and wants me to purchase the game again?? My origin account is saying I never bought it?? But I have a confirmation email from them saying I BOUGHT IT. This is crap man. I really want that game, wont work on origin and wont download on sims 3 store.  I cant seem to contact anybody for a refund either?? WHAT THE HELL?? Now Im too scared to buy anymore games!! Im scared this will happen again and theres no way to request a refund!! Someone please give me advice ?? How can I contact origin?? I took photos on my phone of the day I purchased the game and I took photos of the product key that ORIGIN gave me. 

Message 1 of 4 (721 Views)

Re: Purchased sims 3 - roaring heights on ORIGIN and PRODUCT KEY IS INVAILD?

@sharnaye1802  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

This sometimes happens, for no apparent reason.  The only way to fix it is to go through EA customer support: you can upload screenshots of your email confirmation and order history on ea.com to a live chat session.  It's usually simple enough for a support rep to fix.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Due to the current situation, support is on reduced hours, with phone calls unavailable entirely and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight GMT.  Additionally, support has intermittently been down for the past week or two.  I'm sorry I don't have a better suggestion other than trying again, but there's nothing anyone on this forum can do about a product key issue.

Just in case though, you can try clearing your browser cache and checking to see whether Roaring Heights is already on your store account.  Please also try to add the product key again, copying and pasting the characters into the Redeem a Code window rather than retyping them.  This is just to cover the first couple of suggestions support will probably give you when you do get in touch.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (689 Views)

★★★ Newbie

has anyone gotten back to you regarding this issue? Roaring heights was also purchased on my Origin account and its done the same to me. 

Message 3 of 4 (596 Views)

@jpsw33  If you can't redeem the Roaring Heights code on the Sims 3 Store site (be sure to use Redeem a Code, not Register a Game), then you'll need to contact EA customer support to get this sorted out.  Support is open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (585 Views)