Purchased content not showing up in game.

by foxofamber

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Purchased content not showing up in game.

★★★ Newbie

I know many people have had similar issues, but I haven't been able to find an answered question that is having the exact issue I am having.

A few months ago, I have to wipe my computer memory because of a virus. When I redownloaded the Sims 3 base game and all of my expansion packs, I then downloaded my CC and Purchased Content. When I went in game, only the CC was there. I exited the game and tried to re install the Purchased content. It has the content highlighed, and it finished downloading without problems, but it's as if it uninstalls almost immediantly when I click the play button on Sims 3. I have tried completely uninstalling the purchased content from my computer and then reinstalling it and it still persists. I have also tried deleting all my CC in case if that was an issue and it didn't change after that, either. I am at a loss of what to do here and it would be nice to use my purchased content again as I have a lot of fun ones I miss playing with.

Anyone have an idea of what I should do? It would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (196 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchased content not showing up in game.

Hero

Try this method from the Store FAQ

I installed my Store Content but it's not showing up in my game

Unfortunatly, the Launcher is a very unreliable tool. The more stuff you have, the greater the chance that files which have your stuff installed get messed up. If that starts happening to you. It's best ro reinstall all Store content, using this method:

• Close your game and launcher
  • Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and move the folder DCCache to your desktop (this is ALL your custom content, so if you have 3rd party content as well, you might wanna just move the *.ebc files as well as the missingdeps.idx)
  • If you have any worlds installed go to the installedWorlds folder and delete all Store worlds from there.
  • Go to the DCBackup folder and delete everything in there. You don't really need the stuff in here except for the ccmerged file but since you're reinstalling everything, it will be recreated.
  • Open the launcher and start reinstalling all store stuff in groups. Don't install all in one go. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last.

When you're done, backup the DCCache folder. If the same starts happening again, go back to that backup so you don't need to start over. Make a backup from time to time, especially after you've installed worlds and lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try this method from the Store FAQ

I installed my Store Content but it's not showing up in my game

Unfortunatly, the Launcher is a very unreliable tool. The more stuff you have, the greater the chance that files which have your stuff installed get messed up. If that starts happening to you. It's best ro reinstall all Store content, using this method:

• Close your game and launcher
  • Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and move the folder DCCache to your desktop (this is ALL your custom content, so if you have 3rd party content as well, you might wanna just move the *.ebc files as well as the missingdeps.idx)
  • If you have any worlds installed go to the installedWorlds folder and delete all Store worlds from there.
  • Go to the DCBackup folder and delete everything in there. You don't really need the stuff in here except for the ccmerged file but since you're reinstalling everything, it will be recreated.
  • Open the launcher and start reinstalling all store stuff in groups. Don't install all in one go. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last.

When you're done, backup the DCCache folder. If the same starts happening again, go back to that backup so you don't need to start over. Make a backup from time to time, especially after you've installed worlds and lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah, thank you so much! I'm so happy to finally have this resolved. You have no idea how many sleepless nights I've spent trying to figure it out!

Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)