Re: Purchased Dragon Valley and Riverview do not show up in the game.

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Purchased Dragon Valley and Riverview do not show up in the game.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have purchased and downloaded Dragon Valley for Sims3 and installed it (a few times) but it does not show up in the world list when I try to start a new game.  (The same thing happens with Riverview--I downloaded it and installed it, but it does not show up as available.)  Am I missing a step?  I've installed both worlds and restarted the game and Origin itself numerous times.

I also installed the Ren. Faire pack, but do not know if the content is in game, because I have not been able to start a new Dragon Valley game.

Message 1 of 19 (11,715 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

see if this thread will help scroll down to the I installed my Store Content but it's not showing up in my game and the I can't find the venue I've installed

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394

View in thread

Message 5 of 19 (12,473 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

does it not show up in the +newgame   drop down menu ?

the faire will be in the commuinty lots bin which you will have to place in game your self via edit town

open your launcher go to installed contents-lots if the installtion was succesfull it will show up there (no need to do anything else )

edit typo

Message 2 of 19 (11,697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Right--Dragon Valley does not show up in the +new game drop down list at all, and Riverview shows up as one of the worlds I can purchase.  When I click on it, it just says I already have access to the world, it downloads again and then it disappears from the drop down list as well.

++Also, I noticed that when it downloads Dragon Valley and gives me the option to install it, it shows up as an object instead of a world like Riverview.

Message 3 of 19 (11,694 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same problem.  I cannot find any answers.  I have been sitting here for at least 2hrs trying every way i can think of, for getting the content to play.

The world is in the installed section as and object and a world but not in my drop down box when start new game.

Any help would be appreciated.  

Message 4 of 19 (11,689 Views)

Hero (Retired)

see if this thread will help scroll down to the I installed my Store Content but it's not showing up in my game and the I can't find the venue I've installed

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394

Message 5 of 19 (12,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I went ahead and reinstalled everything including the base game itseld--now everything seems to be showing up.  Thank you for your help.  If I had waited for a reply before uninstalling the entire game, I would have tried the backup method you linked in the above message.  (I'm backing up anyway in case this happens again!)

Message 6 of 19 (11,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

yeah my internet is super slow as we have had some rough weather here it effects the loading up time on the page Standard smile

and those backups come in very very handy when there is a game updates too Standard smile

edit typo

this seems to be my typo day :lol:

Message 7 of 19 (11,672 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've completed the steps shown and still cant find my world when i open up the game. Is there anything else i can try?

Is there any difference because i am in the UK.  I'm so frustrated!  I just want to play what i paid for!

Message 8 of 19 (11,633 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ starrcatty no difference  to there you live i understand the frustation been there done that have the tee-shirt

what is your OS ? are you using a pc ? or mac ?

Message 9 of 19 (11,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I paid for it 20 minutes ago, still not in my Purchase History.....

Message 10 of 19 (11,618 Views)