Original Post

Accepted Solution

Puppies/Kittens Won't Auto-Age Up

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Get Together EP, Cats and Dogs EP, Get Famous, City Living, and Seasons expansions, Vampires, Spa Day, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, and Parenthood game packs, Luxury Party, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Laundry Day, Bowling Night Stuff Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for with a puppy or kitten (either downloaded from the Gallery or created in CAS) and wait for it to auto- age it up into an adult. The puppy/kitten does not auto-age up. Player has to age the pet up manually in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? The puppy or kitten does not age up automatically into an adult cat/dog.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my puppy/kitten age up into an adult dog/cat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have had this issue in two different saves, one with mods (MCCC and No Mosaic only- no CC) and fresh vanilla save- no mods. I have repaired/reinstalled the game twice and still the issue persists.  

Message 1 of 10 (17,905 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Puppies/Kittens Won't Auto-Age Up

Hero
The localthumbcache.package

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (17,827 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I had no issues with this in my own game the other day but there was someone saying they didn't get a message for babies either. 

Do you have any issues with those ?

Do you not get a message at all or do they just not age ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (17,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I don't get a message that the puppy/kitten is aging and the pet does not age up unless I do it manually through CAS. I can't comment on babies since I'm not playing with that lifestage at this time.

Message 3 of 10 (17,876 Views)

Hero
Did you delete your localthumbcache file and rename the folder before you started the new save or just disabled the mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (17,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I removed the mods completely with the new save. I didn't delete any cache files.

I have a localthumbcache.package file and an onlinethumbnailcache folder- which one do I delete and rename?

Message 5 of 10 (17,844 Views)

Hero
The localthumbcache.package

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (17,828 Views)

★ Apprentice

I deleted the localthumbcache.package file and deleted all my previous save files. I created a fresh save, complete with a new puppy, and the fix worked! My puppy auto-aged up on her own! Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 10 (17,792 Views)

Hero
Good to hear. Moved this to tech.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (17,757 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm on console and it's happening to me now. My kitten won't age up. I cleared my data cache and restarted the game and it still doesn't work

Message 9 of 10 (9,380 Views)

Hero
@BrookGAmer01 Currently there's a bug.

Please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Kitten-won-t-age-up-even-with-treat-on-home-lot...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (9,358 Views)