Re: Prosper Room elevator in Bridgeport non-functional.

by Hyerlobos

Original Post

Prosper Room elevator in Bridgeport non-functional.

★★★★ Novice

I got an opportunity to order a drink at the Prosper Room, only to find all of its staff at the bottom floor waiting for an elevator that never shows up. I even used MC to reset them all and tried to take the elevator myself, but again, it never showed up. The staff had come up as unroutable several in-game days earlier, it stopped and I figured the problem sorted itself out.

Message 1 of 4 (405 Views)

@Hyerlobos  Have you tried using MC to reset the elevator, or the entire lot?  (Click on the ground and select NRaas > MC > Object Reset > Local > elevator, or NRaas > MC > Reset Lot.)  The elevators do get stuck sometimes.  You may also find it helps to widen the area around the elevator.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Tried resetting both and that didn't fix it either. I've never built elevators, but I used Shift-click to Buy on Lot. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. I deleted them, the top floor elevator attaches just fine, the bottom has a yellow outline, which I assume is just there as a guide, but the elevator shaft only attaches to the corner of the elevator. I'm not sure how it's supposed to go or if I even need it at all.

Screenshot-2.jpg

Message 3 of 4 (372 Views)

@Hyerlobos  I think the yellow outline is showing the space sims need to use the elevator, and the common wisdom is to leave at least one free square on all sides of that.  I'm wondering the same thing you are though: whether the fact that the outline is offset has anything to do with the problem.  It looks like the elevator was originally placed on a half-square, either with alt or MoveObjects On, which could be the cause.

In this case, I'd delete the elevator and the shaft, plus everything immediately around it, and build the elevator from scratch.  If you want to double-check your work, there are plenty of build tutorials on YouTube that do a better job describing the process than I could.  If that alone doesn't fix the issue, I've seen a couple comments that deleting the trees in the lobby can help.  And if that doesn't make a difference either, you can always delete and replace the building, or replace it with a different venue you like better.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (356 Views)