Progress deleted from file explorer

by jaceinyoface

Original Post

Progress deleted from file explorer

★★★ Newbie

So I play Sims 4 on my dad's EA account (since he bought it) and when I was cleaning up and organizing my account on our family laptop I think I probably somehow deleted or unsafely moved a file from the Sims, causing the game to be completely wiped and starting from factory settings when I went to play again. I went into the Sims files and when I looked at the saves category, all my saves were gone. I know I didn't go into the file and delete everything earlier so I don't know where it could've gone. I had just made a great new world in the game and I'm very upset that I somehow deleted all my content and was wondering if there's any way other than loading from an old save to get it back. Otherwise I have to start fresh on the game Frown

Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)

Re: Progress deleted from file explorer

@jaceinyoface  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC, and search for Slot_* (with the asterisk on the end).  That should turn up any saves on the computer.  From there you can move them to the saves folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.  Or if they're inside a Sims 4 folder, you can put that entire folder back.  Either way, the saves should show up again in-game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (86 Views)