Re: Profiles with singer profession won't load

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Profiles with singer profession won't load

★ Novice

I have a singer profile through the ambition  Expansion pack and every time I get close to level 9 or 10  I can't load the profile anymore. It keeps telling me that there was a problem and The Sims 3 stopped working.  All my other profiles work, the only time I seem to have an issue is when I do the singer  profession. Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (939 Views)

@DixieLuck86  Normally, the singer profession works just fine.  Where exactly are you seeing the error?  Can you load the game, can you play other sims that aren't singers, can you save your singer sim to the bin?  Also, do you have any mods or custom content?  More information would help narrow down the source of the problem.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Sorry I meant the singer profession through the showtime expansion. Yesterday was a long day lol. Everything else works fine all the other Sims work fine and I have no problem actually loading the game to the main menu but when  I try to load the profile with the singer SIM it tells me Sims 3 has stopped working during the loading process.  And like I said before everything works fine until the SIM gets to level 9 or 10 in the singer profession level then it just Stops loading Or I've even had the game load but then my SIM has disappeared.

I did download some free content of the Web but this issue was happening before I had done that period I've actually lost and had to delete four different games because of this issue.

Message 3 of 4 (913 Views)

@DixieLuck86  That does sound strange; it's obviously not a case of one corrupt save.  The reason I wondered about custom content is because this kind of thing could happen across saves if you had installed some bad cc that affected the career outfit of a high-level singer.  I suppose it could also happen if you were playing in a world that had been modified in some way that messed with a high level singer, as in, you (or the creator of a custom world) had placed some venue that was supposed to be used for performances, but the venue was glitched.

I'm still curious if there's any pattern to these glitched saves.  Does it happen every time you try to reload a save with a level 9 or 10 singer?  Does the save load the first time but glitch later?  Do you save during a performance, or while setting one up?  Do you always play in the same world, and if so, which one?  Since this doesn't seem like a known glitch, at least as far as I can tell, I'm wondering if there's some common event that's borking your saves.

The only other thing I can offer is a few experiments to figure out what's wrong with your saves.  Messing around in a clean folder may clarify things.  Pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, then load the game to the Main Menu to spawn a new one, and quit.  Then copy the Saves folder from your old game folder to the new one.  Try to load the borked save.  Don't worry if you get a message about missing objects—this is because your store and custom content hasn't been copied over yet.  You can do that later.

If the save loads, then you probably had some bad mod or cc, and you'll need to sort through your files in batches.  Whether this glitched save loads or not would be a good test, and any batch that fails the test needs to be split and tested again until you've found the problem file(s).

If the glitched save won't load even in a clean folder, then it's probably toast.  But you can try using a backup instead.  Even if you never made one, the game keeps the files from the second to last time you saved.  Go into Saves and look for a folder with the name of your save and a .backup extension.  (So if your save is SunsetValley, the folder for the save is SunsetValley.sims3, and the backup is SunsetValley.sims3.backup.)  Delete the backup extension and rename the save (i.e. SunsetValley1.sims3), and you'll be able to load it from the Main Menu.  It's a good idea to make copies of this backup, so you can keep experimenting.

After you've loaded the backup save, again in a clean folder, try creating a new career outfit for your singer.  Use "save as" to rename the save, so your backup is still intact, then quit and delete the cache files in your game folder.  (For reference, they are: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.)  Try reloading the save and playing forward.  If the singer gets promoted and loses the career outfit you created, make another one and use it instead of the default.  Don't save while the singer is wearing the default outfit.

If none of this helps, there might be a problem with the world you're playing in.  It would be helpful to know which one(s) you've been using.  But to test, you can load the backup and then save the singer to the in-game bin.  Quit to desktop, delete your cache files again, then start a new save in a different world and place the singer there.  The sim will have lost all previous relationships but should still have an intact career.  (If not, quit without saving, start another new game, and place a venue or two before you move in the singer.)  If the save plays forward without any problems, then the world you were using was likely the issue.

And if none of this experimentation helps at all, you might want to ask on the official Sims forums.  There are players who are much more familiar with Showtime professions than I am, as well as mod and cc issues that might affect a singer.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/general-discussion

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (906 Views)