Re: Profile doesn't open

by Psychotps

Original Post

Profile doesn't open

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I don't own Get together but my sims' profiles won't open as well. I check out one or two in my relationship panel, then I want to check out another one and it never appears or it appears blank. I also noticed the game music starts playing at this moment, as if I entered Build&Buy mode.

Message 1 of 6 (4,737 Views)

Hero
@Sloubilol As the thread you posted in was explicitly for clubs, I'm moving your to tech for troubleshooting

Are you using mods/cc ? There are several that break the profiles.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (4,727 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert
@Sloubilol I know all not-updated trait mods do that. All trait mods are broken and need updating. There are a lot of mods that add custom traits that aren't listed as "trait" mods that will break it.

If you don't know which mods are doing it, remove them all and put them back a few at a time to see which one is breaking it.
Message 3 of 6 (4,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you know which several mods are broken because I can’t open my sims profiles in actions or in relationships. I updated all of my mods that needed updated, but incase I have to do it again, which mods are they?

Message 4 of 6 (4,663 Views)

@LolSally12300  Please remove your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and test.  If your sims' profiles still don't work properly, then there's not much point in testing out individual mods.  In that case, please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and see whether the sim profiles work again.

When you do have the profiles working, you can start adding back your mods in batches and testing.  Any time the profiles stop working again, you'll need to split and retest the last batch of files you just added until you find the culprit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (4,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6 (4,634 Views)