Problems with Sims 3 on brand new macbook pro

by bedeel

Original Post

Problems with Sims 3 on brand new macbook pro

★ Novice

I really don't know how the sims works on mac, but I imagined it wouldn't be that different. I got this mac yesterday and I installed the sims as you would on pc, but the game crashes right after I click play in the game launcher, and it doesn't allow me to quit it, so I have to force quit it.  After I do that, I try again and on the game launcher is pops up a message saying "Cannot start the process while the game is running. Please quit the game and try again."  After that, I restarted my laptop and went on to play the sims as I did the first time, and the exact same thing happened. I really don't know who I'm supposed to be talking to about this. I really don't know if it's a fault in this macbook or the sims 3, but I just want it fixed as soon as possible. Please help!!

Message 1 of 8 (2,833 Views)

Re: Problems with Sims 3 on brand new macbook pro

Hero

You don't mention what mac you have but you might want to make sure it's supported by looking at the system requirements:

https://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 8 (2,819 Views)

★ Novice

thanks for replying pal, and yes my mac meets all the requirements listed.  

Message 3 of 8 (2,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I got exactly the same problem. It crashed everytime I hit the Play button. I just bought this game 2 days ago, struggling to download, install and update it, cause the internet speed here is not so fast. Now it turns out this, super frustrated.

Mine is MacBook Pro 13 inch Retina, early 2015.

Please help, anyone?!
Message 4 of 8 (2,793 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i am sorry we don't have a mac player/helper yet this site may be able to help you   http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-play-the-sims-3-on-a-mac/

or the mac forums on the Sims 3 http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mac-discussions

Message 5 of 8 (2,790 Views)

Do you have Intel Iris graphics? If so I'm afraid the game won't work. EA never released a patch to support it. This affects all 13" Retina MacBook Pros and the entry level 15" MacBook Pro.

http://bluebellflora.com/intel-iris-and-intel-iris-pro-graphics-and-the-sims-3/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 8 (2,775 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too! Exactly the same problem. I've tried contacting EA Games help twice and still we've not solved it. I wiped Origins from my MacBook Pro following the EA Advisors instructions and re-downloaded - still same issue.

My MacBook Pro was brand new this March so it has the correct graphics and system requirements. 

Makes me sad to have lost Sims Frown

Message 7 of 8 (2,695 Views)

Hi @FrancescaPole,

Is your MacBook Pro using a Intel Iris Grpahics chip?

TS3 have lots of issues with that chip becasuse it's not officially supported.

You can try this workaround to see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, you can also try bypassing the launcher. Here you can learn how to do it.

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"
Please note I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. / Ten en cuenta que no trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 8 of 8 (2,682 Views)