Re: Problems with Saving Game Progress and Sim commands

by ilusiek88

Original Post

Problems with Saving Game Progress and Sim commands

★ Novice

I started having issues with saving my game progress. After enabling the "testingcheats on" (have been using for awhile, but just started having problems) and now I can't save my game. When I hover over the link, it's not available to click and follow through, a blank bubble shows up. Perhaps a glitch?

Also, I was having problems playing my sim at the police station through the Get to Work gameplay. After the shift has ended for the day, my sim isn't prompted to go home; instead she stays at the police station. There are no goals to fulfill and every time that I click for her to go home, the command doesn't go through as if I didn't make it in the first place. 

Help?

Message 1 of 4 (997 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey I have the same problem. After the work ends, my sim is not going to home. But this happens only when I was going to build something at the police station lot, or being on other lot than police station when shift was end :/
Reseting sim gives nothing, also can't choose other member of family who's at home...
I've tried with editing sim in cas by writing cheat, but when I've choose other member to edit and then choose accept, I was at home, the sim was going back from work, but still couldn't save game .... or save as... pfff. Do you have any mods ?

Message 2 of 4 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi, tayram23. As the previous user stated, do you have any mods or custom content? If so, please remove it from your game and see if this solves the issue.

If not, you may try refreshing your Sims 4 files by following these steps:

1. Go to your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods (or saves) and copy your mods/cc/saves into a safe place.

2. Go back to your EA folder and delete it.

3. Relaunch your game. If a tutorial pops up, everything refreshed.

4. Replace your saves and cc into the correct folders.

5. Play your family's day as usual. If anything takes place as what did prior, it might be an issue within your Mods folder. Although, it could possibly be a corrupted game file, or even an outdated game modification. 

Please take caution that mistakenly downloading Sims 3 and Sims 2 content will break your game and cause it to be unlaunchable.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it has been brought to my attention previous save files may be the issue here. If your problem persists after performing the solution given above, you may have to start over with your saved households.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 4 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have mods. But before checking I've take them out and same problem happens. I will  check with vanilla game and then with my mods Standard smile  

More clues about this problem:

I can't save the game or save as. Also can't travel and can't go to buy/build mode after sim work's ends.  
When I want choose save the game/save as - it's grey and the little bubble appears but no text in it :/
When I'm going out from game, game also don't saves itself automatically.

P.S. I'm playing with save and old sims (made long time go) so maybe problem is with this. I will check later and reponde

EDIT: I've checked game without mods, starting with new folder etc and problem repeats, maybe it'sproblem of lot editing? IDK :/

Message 4 of 4 (968 Views)