Re: Problems With Custom Content and New Sims Update?

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problems With Custom Content and New Sims Update?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, after the update that added toddlers and teeth to the game yesterday, my game has been glitching out when I have custom content enabled. In create a sim, no pop-ups appear, like those that you'd normally use to select clothes, choose aspirations, etc. Also, the game-play has the same issues with displaying the pop-ups that you'd normally have on the lower half of the screen that displays emotions and jobs/aspirations/etc. When in create a sim or in regular game play I cannot exit the game, return to the title, or access the options menu my clicking on it. I have to physically go into task manager and terminate the game. None of these problems were present before updating the game, and the game works perfectly fine when the custom content is disabled. Is anyone else having problems with this too?  Is there anything I can do at the moment to fix this problem?

I included screenshots of what the screen looks like when custom content is enabled.

Message 1 of 4 (2,628 Views)

Accepted Solution

Problems with new updates is that you need to make sure your CC is updated to. 

What I suggest is taking out your mods folder, putting that on your desktop, and test the game without.

If the game works fine it's the CC that is causing the issues. 

To find the broken CC put half back and test the game, keep splitting until you find the broken CC and either update that or take it out.

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (3,274 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I contacted EA support with this, my game was doing it even with my custom content disabled.

Message 2 of 4 (2,604 Views)

Problems with new updates is that you need to make sure your CC is updated to. 

What I suggest is taking out your mods folder, putting that on your desktop, and test the game without.

If the game works fine it's the CC that is causing the issues. 

To find the broken CC put half back and test the game, keep splitting until you find the broken CC and either update that or take it out.

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 4 (3,275 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I found out what CC was affecting the game, and deleted it. Thank you!!

Message 4 of 4 (2,565 Views)