Problems Installing Sims 3- Into the Future

by DesertDamsyl

Original Post

Problems Installing Sims 3- Into the Future

★★★★★ Novice

It seems the base game for this DLC was not installed through Origin. For The Sims 3 Into the Future to work, you must:
1. Select Uninstall Now below, locate the base game. and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it.
2. Download and install the base game through Origin by selecting it in My Games and clicking download.
After that, you can download and play the Sims 3 Into the Future.

What does thois mean? I have the physical copy of Sims 3 so I can't download it through Origin. And if I uninstall the base game won't that mess up all of my current families?

Message 1 of 6 (1,345 Views)

Re: Problems Installing Sims 3- Into the Future

Hero (Retired)

to be able to install the download version without reinstalling despite that message, do not click on the download button in origin click on the “i” (information) button  this will open another window that also has a download button click on that to install

Message 2 of 6 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So I have to buy the sims 3 base game over again if I was trying to play into the future from downloading from Origin
Message 3 of 6 (1,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@liamxblue Im dealing woth it now
Message 4 of 6 (552 Views)

@MommyArmy2011  Please describe the exact issue you're having in more detail, so someone can help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (544 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @MommyArmy2011,

It's been a while since you've posted in this thread. I'm going to lock this as the thread itself is 7 years old but if you're still experiencing this issue, please open up a new thread and add some more context about what you're seeing and what steps you've tried.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (419 Views)