Re: Problem with Vampire baby - Aged up to toddler cant change appearance or clo

by VSy4C

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with Vampire baby - Aged up to toddler cant change appearance or clothes

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Base:145.62.1020(64Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion: Season, Dogs 7 Cats, City Living, Get together, Get to work. Game Packs: Jungle adventures, Parenthood, Vam[pires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Stuff Packs: Laundry, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With a newly aged up toddler, try changing hair, and clothes...you can change them but it doesn't save when clicking the tick,
What happens when the bug occurs? reverts back to the way the toddler looked as default...
What do you expect to see? being able to change a set of clothes from the toddler dresser and for it to be saved....not revert back to defaults I tested it bt taking all mods out and reloading the game and altered the outfit and saved it as normal and when it closed and reopened in the game the toddler had reverted back to default again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A baby born to vampires then aged up to toddler When going to toddler dresser you can change hair and clothes and save...... you think by clicking the tick… when the screen re-opens coming out of the toddler dresser…the toddler is just as it was before going to change clothes…like it’s a default.....how can you keep the changes with a vampire toddler

Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 5 (327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with Vampire baby - Aged up to toddler cant change appearance or clo

★★ Novice
It seems with Vampire toddlers you have to set there disguise....then everything works

Thanks for all your help it was appreciated

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (324 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Tested this on my save and it works for me. Do you just have issues with that one vampire toddler or also with other Sims ? Do you have another one you could test ? Does it matter which dresser you use ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (321 Views)

★★ Novice
It seems that its all toddlers am having a problem with....I can plan outfits for young adults
Message 3 of 5 (308 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (300 Views)

★★ Novice
It seems with Vampire toddlers you have to set there disguise....then everything works

Thanks for all your help it was appreciated
Message 5 of 5 (325 Views)