Re: Problem with 64-bit/32-bit Origin

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice

My game is super laggy and I also get this message stating I should run it in 32 bit but when I right click on the sims 4 tile everything is basically marked out like I can't click on it. Can't check game properties can't repair can't u install nothing like that. 

Message 31 of 49 (962 Views)
Highlighted

@Lamaco97  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and try to repair.

For the lag and 32-bit message, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 32 of 49 (939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That option doesn't show up for me but it told me to change to 64 bit and my computer is a 64 bit so idk what the problem is.

Message 33 of 49 (902 Views)

@Cora815  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  If Windows, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you have a Mac, you won't have the option to change to 64-bit, as the game has always been 64-bit in macOS.  Instead, Origin will launch the standard version of Sims 4 if it's supported, and the Legacy Edition otherwise.  If you're not sure whether your Mac supports the standard version, please list its full specs, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 34 of 49 (880 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I am having the same problem.  Came back after a few months and when to play and it asked me the down the LE, worked fine before with no issues. I don't want to download it.  I have a 64 bit. 

Message 35 of 49 (802 Views)

@Spartangrl117  Even though your system would otherwise handle the standard version of Sims 4, your graphics chip doesn't support 64-bit gaming.  I don't think there's a way around this either.  So your computer is unfortunately stuck with the Legacy Edition of Sims 4.

Message 36 of 49 (799 Views)

★ Novice

Darn. Thank you!! I dont get why it worked months ago and now its changed.  This is a nightmare..ugh to LE. Just wish I could use the gallery. 

Message 37 of 49 (792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I am in the same situation but reversed. Started from today I sow that the shortcut on my computer for the sims 4 is not avalable anymore. I entered the game from origin and when it opend I sow a message that saied: "The game is running in 32 bit mode wich may lead to poor staility. You can sweech in 64 bit mode in Origin" and a link to a site from ea for help. I looked there, of course, and I sow that I have to go in origin to "game properties", in Origin. I chlicked on it and showed me everything that it should , but with an important difference. At "advanced launch options", it didn't show enything other then "game language" and "command lines arguments". And not to say that I lost EVERYTHING that I've ever made... i'm disperate to get my game back on truck, I beg you, if someone can, to help me as soon as possible. I am seriously thinking to uninstall and reinstall the game, but I still have a bit of hope that I'll figure things out, one way or another, to get all i've build back....Thanks again and hope to hear from someone with a help asap.  

Message 38 of 49 (711 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@zizizum 

Please read answer #34 in this thread..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 39 of 49 (705 Views)

★★ Novice

and how do I do that if the "When launching this game..." option is not available?  I am running Windows 10

Message 40 of 49 (624 Views)